Anna Donne

Maybe the Models1 website hasn't been updated for a while? Does seem strange, I agree.

Because most of that information is outdated/not updated/not correct.I understand why you would think this isn't me - we all know what the internet is like! - so, have a relatively recent picture of me (June 2004)
meandjonnyadc.bmp

Thanks again for your lovely comments, I will be sure to let you know what I get up to...

Hi Anna! Nice to hear from you (gotta love that rainbow jumper :P ). Can I ask you some questions?
Have you done any catwalk stuff lately? What shoot are you most proud of? Do you enjoy modelling?
It's very impressive that you were in Vogue, Glamour and GQ (never knew GQ were so fashion-orientated!). It must have been amazing going on shoots like that, plus all the overseas travel. I bet it's given you some amazing opportunities.
Glittery

Hey!

Yeah that jumpers my friends - I love it, but he wouldn't let me keep it. I haven't done any catwalk stuff - mainly beacause I'm at college during the fashion weeks and also because I'm very very bad at walking in high heels!!! I think the shoot I am most pround of is Vogue, although I have worked with Bruce Weber which was great as well (and in Miami!). It has been such a great experience so far - travelling, meeting people, confidence and so on. I still can't believe this forum exists it's so surreal!

Anna xx

Yeah, I'd imagine it'd be pretty surreal having a bunch of strangers on the net discussing you! What was the Vogue shoot like, and in what issue was it? The reason I ask is because my best friend has a subscription to Vogue (has done for a few years), and she might have the magazine you were in.
I'm bad at walking in heels too - the phrase "man in drag" has been used (not without reason) at times. I bet catwalk shows are pretty intimidating, what with the pressure not to mess up and all. Kate on "Make Me A Supermodel" was proof of that. She looked so nervous, and that really came across in her walk on the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Vogue shoot was in the... February 2004 magazine with Cate Blanchett on the cover, and it was a beauty feature with me with bags on my head (you'll understand if you see it!). I didn't find the catwalk show too bad - mainly because that visor thing was so low I could hardly see anything! I just know I'm rubbish at walking in heels, I had a lesson at my agency last summer and I swear the only thing I got out of it were blisters!!!

Oh I remember the show with that massive sunshade/visor thing in front of your eyes which was made out of hair?! Everyone looked so cute :lol: Now that I take a better look at it.. you're visor was more blocking your view than it did to others. You had to walk with your nose up in the (h)air to.. to.. be even only able to breathe. Not fair.

00088.L.JPG
00089.L.JPG

00095.L.JPG
00112.L.JPG

I hope you can find the editorial Glitterybug! Do you have a scanner? :innocent:

Yeah I do (have a scanner). I'm gonna ring my friend tonight and ask her to bring the magazine over. if she has it. This thread is so great! I love it! Not often you have the model in question online as well.
Heheh, looking forward to seeing the editorial. I'll try and put it on here, but be warned, my scanner is very temperamental.
I remember that show. I didn't think you were bad at walking in heels at all Anna, but the visor thing looked pretty annoying. I wouldn't have coped with it! You did brilliantly, although if you hate heels I can see why you wouldn't want to do it again.

Glittery.

I only found it because I was bored and Googled my name... (we're all guilty of it now and again!)

xxxx

I saw you on television, here in Belgium:wink:
You are cute:flower:

Yeah, I wish mine was that long. It's only below my shoulderblades at the moment, and it never looks particularly shiny. Sigh. Oh well...

Oh Anna, if you still read this, I just thought of some questions to ask (if you don't mind answering them, I would be very grateful!). Thanks.
When did you sign your first modelling contract? How were you discovered? Were you excited to be a model/how did it affect you?
Cheers!
Glittery.

I started with a child agency when I was 10, joined Models1 when I was 12 1/2. Was first discovered in my local park by an ex model who had become a photographer, then scouted by a woman who used to work for Models1 outside a tube station. I wasn't excited, I'd never thought about doing it before, I've never been very "girly" or interested in fashion, and it had never crossed my mind as a possibilty. I guess the only way I can think it has affected me is making me more confident (despite the fact I looked shy in This Model Life - I think it's because both of the things I did in the show were new to me) and probably a bit more mature too.

Anna xx

Thanks for answering my q's Anna! I'll probably have loads more soon. Sorry in advance. :innocent:
It's great to have you at the Fashion Spot. :-) Must have been pretty surreal modelling at 10 (although Mischa Barton was modelling at about that age too, I read). My friend's friend was scouted too, at the Clothes Show by Select. She didn't get taken on though. Loads of people were jealous of her (one girl in particular was hilarious over it with her faux-casual attitude, when she was blatantly jealous). I really want to be a model scout when I leave school, which is why I'm going to Select this summer for work experience. I'm really excited (I can't believe you weren't when you were scouted! Did you not know how big Models1 was when you were 12?)! :huh:
I'd guess you have much more confidence in your appearance (as a model) than you would normally. A modelling contract with a major agency must be a pretty big reassurance that you look OK!
Good luck with all your future modelling/life in general!

Glittery.

PS My friend didn't have the Vogue editorial, although I know someone else who has it. I'm not seeing her till Tuesday so I guess it'll have to wait, for those on here who want to see it.

Well, I have the editorial. It's very artistic (although quite strange - I'd imagine it'd be pretty odd to have those bags on your head!) and interesting. I'd have been scared of ripping the darn things as I put them on! :lol:
My mum saw it, and she was like "Oh, she is a pretty girl, isn't she?" :rolleyes:
I'll put it up here shortly.

Hurraaaaay :clap: It sounds really.. interesting.

Btw. I 'knew' a girl who was your biggest fan Anna, that must sound so weird, but yeah, it seemed like she really loved you and your look a lot. One simple documentary has created that :P (although you're veeeery beautiful) How did the people in your neighbourhood respond to that? Any nasty comments from jealous girls from school? (I can hardly imagine that happening.. since you came across as very sweet and shy)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, here is the first part of the Vogue article. It's a written bit. Pictures to come! :P

ABOUT FACE

IN THIS UNIQUE COLLABORATION WITH VOGUE, ARTIST SIMON PERITON'S DRAMATIC PAPER CUTOUTS ARE SURE TO TURN HEADS. BY SARAH HARRIS. PHOTOGRAPHED BY RICHARD BUSH.

Gone are the days when doilies merely seperated cakes from plates. British artist Simon Periton, 39, has given the humble lacy paper cut-out something of a new vocation. "When I started making doilies, people weren't entirely sure what I meant. They wanted to call them something else because they thought they weren't literally going to be 'doilies'; the whole concept really annoyed them."

Periton - who is represented by Sadie Cole, gallerist also to, among others, Angie Fairhurst and Sarah Lucas - doesn't fit easily into any art movement. His work is based on opposing ideas, and his message is deeply subversive - the homespun, fussy conventionalism of a doily concealing signs and symbols of anarchy, and all this debuting at a time when the art scene was about anything but the decorative. His peers in the contemporary art world include Jane Simpson and Dan Hayes, who both prey on the mundane and the domestic - but there's nothing mundane about his latest project: he has been commissioned by Channel 4 to make a work for its art collection.

After graduating from St Martins, Periton produced a collection that touched on his punk roots and featured barbed wire, neon-pink rose thorns, chaotic riot scenes of masked gunmen and William Morris prints mixed with repeated anarchy symbols. More recently, his doilies have been sculpted into giant 3-D spheres and have become more complex, with intricate layering.

For Vogue, Periton collaborated with fashion director Lucinda Chambers and concept-led photographer Richard Bush to create a series of masked models staring out from behind paper. "We weren't enirely sure how the end result would look, but it worked," says Bush.
"We let the idea of paper bags take over. We had fun with it. That's what we wanted it to be about." While most of the images are straightforward, others are more abstract, using Periton's doilies as veils or to cast shadowy patterns over rainbow eyes and neon-coloured lips.

This kind of collaboration is a first-time experience for Periton and Bush. But Periton isn't new to fashion; in 2000, he was commissioned to make a veil for eccentric stylist Isabella Blow after working with milliner Philip Treacy on a collection of foam doily headpieces the year before. This year, he's lent his stencilling handiwork - distressed barbed wire, torn flags and his signature anarchy "A" symbols - to Junya Watanabe's spring/summer collection.

And to think it all stemmed from tea with grandma in Kent as a snarling 14-year-old. "I was wearing an anarchy cuff and she asked me what it meant, so I explained to her that the A in the circle stood for anarchy and she said, 'Oh, that's nice, dear. Would you like some tea?'"

Hmm, found some comments I didn't respond to, so here goes -

Didn't really know much about Models1 - wasn't at all interested in fashion until I actually started modelling, and even now I don't know much about it!

Wasn't too scared of ripping the bags - Simon Periton (the artist who made them) said he didn't care if I did, so that was alright.

I wasn't recognised much in the neighbourhood, and at the time wasn't in college, so had no bitchy comments at all.

Anna xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightSeeker1985
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->