Anna Sui S/S 05 NYC

Originally posted by saturnine@Sep 14 2004, 02:17 PM
I know what you mean, but I suppose everyone deserves a chance... you never know, one season she may produce something incredible. :P :flower:
[snapback]366807[/snapback]​

i absolutely agree with you saturine (regardless that the collection was far from original, fresh or exciting) Bashing designers seems far too easy from the comfort of our little pc screens. There is always something out there for everyone

respect rules :wink: B)

i like the little civil war caps...which really are just for the show of course...but i think they're cute... ^_^

I think I don't like it much mostly because I don't really like the whole western look - but I love the boots, and the makeup at this show was much better the last few season's :flower:
I'm waiting for what she'll do next, for some reason she seems like the type of designer who will always surprise her audience :blush:

She stays true to herself and her customers. All her collections are watched closely for a glimps of things to come or come back. She is actually important to the mass market trend watchers. So she is relevant to the industry or least a huge section of it. But I hope she does not end up like Betsy Johnson.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Sep 14 2004, 11:59 PM
I live in hope. :(
[snapback]367626[/snapback]​

Ok Purple, I just checked out the BJ thread and evidently I have not been paying attn to her:doh:
The stuff is cool. :flower:

Originally posted by clay@Sep 15 2004, 05:55 AM
She is actually important to the mass market trend watchers. So she is relevant to the industry or least a huge section of it. But I hope she does not end up like Betsy Johnson.
[snapback]367619[/snapback]​

i so agree clay, she's very important for the mass market

Originally posted by clay@Sep 15 2004, 12:41 AM
Ok Purple, I just checked out the BJ thread and evidently I have not been paying attn to her:doh:
The stuff is cool. :flower:
[snapback]367649[/snapback]​
:blush: I think so!

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 14 2004, 09:42 PM
i like the little civil war caps...which really are just for the show of course...but i think they're cute... ^_^
[snapback]367487[/snapback]​

yeah, i thought the caps were cute too, but paired with those tops...ugh. :sick:

i do like those flower tie things they have around theyre neck though.... :blush:

i love that she used adam ant's prince charming in the music... :heart:

Yihaa!!!...."ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

It's kind of out-of-touch with the current look in fashion. Very 'seasons-upon-seasons ago'.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Sep 15 2004, 04:21 AM
:blush: I think so!
[snapback]367799[/snapback]​

So do I. :flower:

I don't really dig Anna Sui, I think her stuff has always been sub-par. Unflattering, uninteresting, always a step behind. This collection does nothing to change my mind; the 'little house on the prarie' look can be really fun, but this is about as cool and interesting as study hall. :yuk:

I liked this collection. It's fun, not so goddamn pretentious like Calvin Klein (geesh). I really dug the prairie dresses. Especially this one:
00120f.jpg

great

im only a recent fan of Anna Sui's work and her collections are brill. I see her as a good designer for bringing the past to the present. I love how she mixes different cultures and era's, im impressed... how could you not love it.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->