Anna Sui S/S 2022 New York

How many times do we have to see this from you Anna? Why is it so hard for you to design something that reflect your POV as an adult?

I'm sure that people who bought her clothes in the 80s is already moved on from her brand.

I know it sounds cheesy but...I love her for the earnestness with which she commits to her vision, it might not be my thing, it might sometimes be terrible (last season *shudders*) but NY would not be the same without her!

This time it's very Bogota Fashion Week with the emphasis on beachwear but the matching raffia hats are cute and I want to kiss her and the runway for not including lycra bodysuits with "sexy" (for whom?) cut-outs! if I see one more of those I'm gonna throw myself out of a fifth floor!

Agreed she
I know it sounds cheesy but...I love her for the earnestness with which she commits to her vision, it might not be my thing, it might sometimes be terrible (last season *shudders*) but NY would not be the same without her!

This time it's very Bogota Fashion Week with the emphasis on beachwear but the matching raffia hats are cute and I want to kiss her and the runway for not including lycra bodysuits with "sexy" (for whom?) cut-outs! if I see one more of those I'm gonna throw myself out of a fifth floor!

Agreed she has a firm grip on her niche. That slid the green dress on the curvy model is rather unflattering that it makes me thin that high fashion people don't know how to dress anyone over size 0

I think she is doing something right as long as the clothes sell, and I am actually find her aesthetic quite timeless to some extent: it is not about high fashion, but about the joie de vivre women wear their clothes in a happy day.

I like it.
It's a nice showing, pared down without anything extraneous.
Compared to other designers who show so many looks it becomes tedious to sit through the entire show.

That poor curvy model looks like a "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle" in that horrible green dress...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->