Anti-cellulite Products

Nemova

-
Reaction score
I know this is a big no-no subject, but assuming that many women have cellulites - oh, the horror... :cry: - some of us female tFS'ers might have considered trying any of the hundreds of products on the market. I wanna know how was your experience with these products, what's your favourite one, the pros and cons of using them, how effective they really are, etc.

Originally posted by saturnine@Aug 27 2004, 11:56 PM
Those Kate Spade ones remind me of the Miu Miu mocassins.

Sequinned ballet flats are very cute though. :heart:
[snapback]347681[/snapback]​

I heard that there is nothing that takes cellulite away. A good tan will disguise it though :wink:

I've heard of rubbing coffee grinds on the skin with the cellulite. Something about the caffeine I guess? I'm not sure if it works, though?

Originally posted by Jaim45+Aug 31 2004, 08:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jaim45 @ Aug 31 2004, 08:59 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I heard that there is nothing that takes cellulite away. A good tan will disguise it though :wink:
[snapback]351210[/snapback]​
[/b]

Eh? :huh: :lol:

<!--QuoteBegin-longlegsue
@Aug 31 2004, 09:38 PM
I've heard of rubbing coffee grinds on the skin with the cellulite. Something about the caffeine I guess? I'm not sure if it works, though?
[snapback]351909[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I read a few years ago that this was one of Cindy Crawford's 'beauty tips'. :P

yeah the caffeine thing. Also in last months Glamour I think it was they tried all these different products as a sort of test thing and one girl tried the Miss Sixty anti-cellulite jeans and they showed before and after pictures of her bum/upper thigh and you could actually really see a difference oddly enough. Other than that, I have just heard working out and toning up that area. Some people are just more genetically disposed to having cellulite. Some larger people don't have any and some skinnier people have it, and vice versa.

Cellulite is fatcells trapped in your tissue surounded by fluid ( in lack of a better way to describe it in English) Nothing, and I mean nothing!! you can buy in the store and use yourself will have the sligtest affect,.. However, there is salon treatments that might reduce the problem, I cant remember right now what its called, but the whole idea is to activate the tissue and break up the fat lumps so that they appear in a more even layer..... Theoreticly it might work, I havent tried it myself cause I dont have any cellulites......... but just a warning, Ive red somewhere that its not the most pleasant treatment you can get.

D-Stock from vichy and the Clarins one are great...at least i thought so :flower:

but the best thing still is to watch what you eat...no miracles with creams can be done if you eat sugar, greasy, fatty, unhealthy food, and the drinking loads of water tip also helps, and exercise of course :wink:

a bit of sun, a bit of excerise & a good clean balanced diet are better than any product. i actually think cutting out processed foods helps, as does wearing tights all the time.

D-Stock from vichy and the Clarins one are great...at least i thought so :flower:

but the best thing still is to watch what you eat...no miracles with creams can be done if you eat sugar, greasy, fatty, unhealthy food, and the drinking loads of water tip also helps, and exercise of course :wink:
[snapback]369046[/snapback]​

I might be a little biased here cause I`ve worked for Clarins for many years :P But yes, if your problem is more, hmmm im not sure how to put it in English but lack of elastisity? ... (The two, cellulites and lack of elastisity might appear to look the same but it isnt),

Theese products might have a positive effect cause they tighten the skin temporarily......An easy way to test if your problems is the later is this: If the bumps dissapear when you place your hand above the area and lift the skin uppwards, its lack of elastisity, not cellulites.......and yes, then some products have an effect...... but you`ll get a much better one by drinking enough fluid, exercise regularily and have a healthy diet...I hope this made some sense? :flower:

oh elle, thanks for saying that because recently i was like gah, stupid *** cellulite and then i was pulling the skin upward a bit and i was like hmm, it goes away when i do this i bet if i just firmed the area it would go away....

yeah me too! It goes away as soon as I lift.. I think I need to firm up my butt! :P Any good exercises for that? :ninja:

Originally posted by Meg@Sep 25 2004, 12:47 AM
oh elle, thanks for saying that because recently i was like gah, stupid *** cellulite and then i was pulling the skin upward a bit and i was like hmm, it goes away when i do this i bet if i just firmed the area it would go away....
[snapback]374912[/snapback]​
Your welcome Meg :flower: the best way to deal with the problem then is exercise...

Bonchic... a stairmaster is a great workout device for your butt :wink: But if you dont have acess to one of those you can do plies with your toes turned a bit outwards holding on to a rail or something, leaning a bit backwards.......That exercise also adress the inner thighs....Just remember, keep your knee directly over your foot and dont go deeper in to the plie than a 90 degree angle from your thigh....

thanks! I'm probaly going to get a beginner ballet video anyone know a good one? For simple stuff like plies?

Squats and lunges are the best to target cellulite, plus cardio of course. But it is important to do strength work for you legs also. Having muscle will provide the fat cells with a smooth base to lie on. If that makes sense. Drink lots of water.

Your probably better off spending money on a gym membership, then pricey skin products and spa treatments, but that is just my opinion.

Originally posted by lovespell@Oct 3 2004, 12:59 PM
Squats and lunges are the best to target cellulite, plus cardio of course. But it is important to do strength work for you legs also. Having muscle will provide the fat cells with a smooth base to lie on. If that makes sense. Drink lots of water.

Your probably better off spending money on a gym membership, then pricey skin products and spa treatments, but that is just my opinion.
[snapback]383947[/snapback]​

You're probably better off doing some no kit required excersise and a little free-weights at home than pricey gym membership...IMO.

The best one i´ve tried so far is the Garnier Body Tonic gel. It´s great!
Nice smell and texture and it works. :wink:

anti-cellulite creams

Have you ever tried anti-cellulite creams that were REALLY effective?I am going to buy some but dunno what to chose:( Think bout estee lauder or givenchy...

Has anyone ever tried any of the bliss products?
Also, I saw a product in more magazine a few month ago but I can't remember what it was, it was in an orange container, and it was an oil that you put a few drops of in your normal body lotion and the before and after pics were amazing. Anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->