Antique Jewels

saad

Reaction score
i am an antique fanatic!
my whole family's crazy about collecting antiques, be they jewels or other decorative arts...
if you come to our house, its full of antiques....rugs, wooden boxes, jewellery and otehr decoration stuff...
most of them are heirlooms though...because now its all too expensive to send like crazy on!!

post pics of everything antique and amazing and beautiful here....all jewellery, rugs, boxes, decoration items ...everything!!!

i'm posting some stuff i found on the internet thats similar to the stuff we've got!!! :woot:

here's a victorian old cut diamond necklace....its worth over 16000 pounds!

mom doesnt have the whole thing of course! she's got earings and a pendant in diamonds too thats amost the same pattern as the flowers here. the one shes got is almost 30 years old

shes got a ruby ring thats exactly the same as this one here....just the diamonds are zircons and theyre not pear shaped but round

my grandmother got a gold penny necklace like this from her grandmother...she gave it to my mom...it was more than 90 years old...it was 24 karat gold....it was stolen :cry:

* the coins were smaller than this though...it was very wearable!

she got the exact same thing!!!! this is antique indian/pakistani for of art called 'kundan'

hmmmm....at least i thin kthis one is kundan....it looks exactly like the one shes got and the one shes got is kundan

Originally posted by saad@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 2:21 pm
shes got a ruby ring thats exactly the same as this one here....just the diamonds are zircons and theyre not pear shaped but round
:wub:

Old jewelry is so much better than that shiny stuff in the stores!

My engagement ring is a family heirloom. It had been my husband's great-grandmother's engagement ring back in 1911. I have tried without success to photograph it.

It is very subtle..the stone is set down in the band, and the band has some Art-Noveau-style curlicues incised into it.

I think I will try again tomorrow to photograph it...tweak the camera settings a bit.

Oh, and it is a diamond. I NEVER wanted to have a diamond--I don't generally like them much, but I do like this ring an awful lot, mainly because the way it is made is very cool, and because it has great sentimental value in my husband's family, and I am very honored that Todd's grandma passed it down to him to give to me.

saad...
go shoppin in banglore...
they had an amazing antique jewellry store...
but its all real.... n all ages old... like ages ages old....
100s years

Originally posted by seditionary@Apr 24th, 2004 - 4:22 pm
saad...
go shoppin in banglore...
they had an amazing antique jewellry store...
but its all real.... n all ages old... like ages ages old....
100s years
maybe i'll go if i ever get to visit india :rolleyes: :innocent:

post pics people!!!!!!

would love to see your engagement ring, as you like it!!! :woot:

Weee :D I have a few iteam I'd like to show off B)
I have a lot of old stuff, furniture etc, but the lighting here is horrible and the digital camera is broken and the videocamera I have (it also takes pictures) doesn't have a flash.

Old table
m0005690.jpg

A turkish silver neclase
m0005691.jpg

m0005693.jpg

that last necklace is awesome, Saad.

I love antique jewelry... My grandmother left me all of hers when she died.. she had some pretty cool costume jewelry.. but I'm too afraid to wear it out of respect for her. :-\ What If i lose it, ya know?

I love antiques as well! Jewelery, furniture...anything with a history! Im really trying to look for one of those vintage dressing tables..made from a metal frame and glass... :heart: :heart:

I love antique jewelry ~ I'm not a big fan of "new" stuff.

that ring is very beautiful, betty!!

pos more pics people!!!!!!

i'll search for more soon

Originally posted by saad@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 2:21 pm
This ring is amazing! :woot:

:heart: antique jewelry ! These two brooches are my favorites. I had them from my grandma a couple of years ago.

I love antique jewels too. I think I go crazier for vintage bags though. Here's the necklace I want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->