Antique Jewels

Originally posted by TheSweetest@May 30th, 2004 - 4:24 pm
I love antique jewels too. I think I go crazier for vintage bags though. Here's the necklace I want.
WOW! Just WOW!! :woot:

Originally posted by As You Like It@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 11:07 pm
My engagement ring is a family heirloom. It had been my husband's great-grandmother's engagement ring back in 1911. I have tried without success to photograph it.

It is very subtle..the stone is set down in the band, and the band has some Art-Noveau-style curlicues incised into it.

I think I will try again tomorrow to photograph it...tweak the camera settings a bit.

Oh, and it is a diamond. I NEVER wanted to have a diamond--I don't generally like them much, but I do like this ring an awful lot, mainly because the way it is made is very cool, and because it has great sentimental value in my husband's family, and I am very honored that Todd's grandma passed it down to him to give to me.
I think it would be awesome to inherit a ring like that, but my hands are pretty big. My ring finger is a size eight (US sizing), which is bigger than most people I know. With my luck, I'd get some gorgeous ring in a size six (the most common among people I know) and maybe be able to fit it onto my pinky.

Even if it did fit, though, what if I hated it? :unsure:

And why am I thinking about this? Agh, it has no relevance to my life right now. I need to wait until I came to problems to worry about them--like my research paper.

:heart: I love antique jewelry, I just recently inherited some of my great aunts jewelry. Some pins, broochs, rings, some of it is costume jewelry, with big oversized gems, and its sorda gaudy, but in a very beautiful vintage way. I think old stuff like that is way more special than the newer stuff, it feels not as cheap, like theres a story behind it, or a little more meaning and style. Plus, like most things, even though its old, its really just timeless. :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->