Apparel Dieting

^ Yes! Please post and let us know what items you're going with/chose. And remember the rules, from sixitemsorless.com...

There are exceptions that don’t count towards the six: undergarments, swim wear, work-out clothes, work uniforms, outer jackets (rain slicker, outdoor jacket), shoes and accessories. You can get multiples of the same item for laundry purposes, but different colors count as separate items. Or you can tell us to stuff it and make your own rules.

in a way, i kinda see this as a "bad" habit, so i agree with softgrey's pov

there was a period of time last year when i was super busy and stressed out in college that i pretty much wore just around 6 items or less garments for 3-4 months involuntary. people did notice the rotating garments. though i didnt look horrible but i didnt look great, i was just another boring sweater wearing person on the street. in a way, i kinda forgot how many (great) clothes i had in my closet. when the holidays rolled around, i probably would had gone a little crazy shopping if it wasnt for i was pretty beat from a stressful term.

so i think it sounds more reasonable to wear all of your clothes instead of just limiting to a few.

That article was funny to read. Surprised to see that there were no tips at the end.. but the woman who said, "wrinkle-resistant, kid-resistant, everything-resistant" was pretty spot on. Before I heard about this and the brown dress lady even, I went through it a few years ago, but more unexpectedly than on purpose. Not sure what the term is, but I was changing location a lot for work, so I never had a permanent residence. It was a bit complicated a situation but anyway, I started off with a lot of clothes/ supplies, and then one day out of maybe panic, I threw most of them in the dumpster (I had a cab to catch). Keeping only what I needed but still being able to change looks like what this diet is about. Then I had to learn how to deal with what I just did, and winter had also arrived.. lol. Definitely learned a lot about myself and it is stressful/an added stress. So if your life is already hectic, this apparel diet makes it worse (o_o).. as other things in life will already wear you out, and you come home too tired to even make dinner --and then you have this to deal with. Having an in-home washer/dryer does miracles and also clothes that can stand repeated use/washing while still looking and feeling great (so, no iron needed, no re-dyeing, etc).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting pretty bored aswell..with consumerism...I was talking to a friend the other day how i have no "fall wish list" no bag excites me...nothing...

agree with you here.

I wear all my clothes. Before purchasing anything, I try to go through my head what I can wear it with, and I have to see at least 3 combos before I decide to buy it.
Buy less and combine more. B)

Also climate-wise the "6-pieces experiment" won't work where I live.
In Belgium, the weather is pretty unstable and we very often have "4 seasons in 1 day-situation". Yesterday could be 25 degrees and sunny, today could be 15 degrees and rainy. With only the 6 pieces (even in the middle of the summer season) like in the first slides, I'm sure I'll end up in the hospital with pneumonia -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->