Arabian / Smokey eye Look

mesmerized

Reaction score
How do you ladies apply smoky eyes make-up; and what make-up/colours and tools you use? Please post your way step by step. I wanna learn :blush:

hello and welcome to FS mesmerized :flower:

* for smoky eyes i play with dark grey, dark brown or dark plum shadows (including mixing up the three)
*one thing you need to know is how to blend and blend and blend.
*i use sponge tips and QTs, at the end i lihtly dust lids with loose powder

You must first line your eyes with a kohl pencil both inner and outside rims. Be generous with the pencil. Squeeze your eyes hard a couple times, so that the kohl 'runs' a bit . Then use a q-tip or a smudging brush to smudge the area around the eyes.
Then apply a dark color of shadow up to the crease or a tiny bit higher (choose any dark colors. Blend also over the area you put the pencil on, and don't forget the are under the yes as well. Most people play with with greys or browns. I personally prefer plums, and lately dark blues).
Blend, blend, blend, and blend a little more... LOL Just as Lena said.
Finally put a light color on the brow bone, but keep it natural. Reapply the pencil on the inner rims if necessary.
Finally, a couple thick coats of mascara and you're ready!

I hope you understand my explanation...

Sofia

Since I am lazy, and don't really like wearing makeup that much, I basically just apply black eyeliner around the inside and outside of my eyes... :P

i'm glad i visited your site, as i'm a make-up junkie and also jewerly junkie :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Oooh, I love the smoky eye look when I go out. My newest thing is Navy liner - makes my light brown eyes look lighter and brighter!

Sofia - gotta say, THE BEST directions I've heard yet - thanks for posting!

Originally posted by SoJess@Jan 10th, 2004 - 10:35 pm
Oooh, I love the smoky eye look when I go out. My newest thing is Navy liner - makes my light brown eyes look lighter and brighter!

You know, I nearly prefer navy to black, less harsh :P

Thank you SoJess... :blush: :blush:

I'm also into blues lately... China Blue from Nars with black makes this AWESOME smokey eyes look with black pencil. I also have dark brown eyes and myeyes look super light with it.

BTW, navy mascara gives eyes a special hue and makes them lighter as well.. I love Laura Mercier's mascara in navy and Definicils in navy blue for this.

Sofia

i've been hearing good things about maroon or eggplant eyeliner and mascara for making blue eyes look good.

personally I use blackest black shadows and eyeliners to make my eyes smoky, but I was wondering how the redder colors would look...

If you use Beauty Marked from MAC or Night Fever from Nars it works OK. But you need to use a red color such as Cranberry under them to bring the red out.

Sofia

All you really need are variant shades of greys, blacks, and a (usu. frosty) white to highlight, really :smile:

Originally posted by ribes@Jan 7th, 2004 - 10:59 am
You must first line your eyes with a kohl pencil both inner and outside rims. Be generous with the pencil. Squeeze your eyes hard a couple times, so that the kohl 'runs' a bit . Then use a q-tip or a smudging brush to smudge the area around the eyes.
Then apply a dark color of shadow up to the crease or a tiny bit higher (choose any dark colors. Blend also over the area you put the pencil on, and don't forget the are under the yes as well. Most people play with with greys or browns. I personally prefer plums, and lately dark blues).
Blend, blend, blend, and blend a little more... LOL Just as Lena said.
Finally put a light color on the brow bone, but keep it natural. Reapply the pencil on the inner rims if necessary.
Finally, a couple thick coats of mascara and you're ready!

I hope you understand my explanation...

Sofia
great tips ribes, but i have a fear (so i've never tried it) of the khol eye liner would realy RUN even though i'm 62 my skin is still :angry: very oily would love opions on this :flower: :flower: :flower:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Jan 10th, 2004 - 4:37 pm

I agree! :smile:

MAC's Blu-Noir shadow is great for a less harsh-looking smoky eye. If you haven't tried it, it's a gorgeous blackish navy/purple. I love it :heart:

51824-22.jpg

Originally posted by brian+Jan 15th, 2004 - 4:07 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Jan 15th, 2004 - 4:07 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-strawberry daiquiri@Jan 10th, 2004 - 4:37 pm

MAC's Blu-Noir shadow is great for a less harsh-looking smoky eye. If you haven't tried it, it's a gorgeous blackish navy/purple. I love it :heart:

51824-22.jpg
[/b][/quote]
I have that one and love it too!

Originally posted by SoJess@Jan 10th, 2004 - 5:35 pm

help NANA, what is the best navy liner, eye shadow & mascara, i'm looking for something that will LAST, also what lipstick in a light color do you find lasts the longest NANA :flower:

I've been using grey eyeliner and three shades of grey eyeshadow (though I usually only use the darkest one and smudge it with my fingers so that is is lighter around the edges. Because I'm a cheap punkass, I use J.A.N.E. eyeliner and mascara and NYC Colors eyeshadow from the drugstore. It works really well, actually, and I figured if it did look lousy (which it doesn't) I wouldn't be out too much. I use black mascara, but I have naturally very dark eyelashes and eyebrows, and would look eerie with a lighter shade. I have tried before!

I go a lot lighter on the under-eye eyeliner than is standard because I wear glasses which magnify my eyes a big, and I will look rather bug-eyed unless my eye-makeup is very subtle!

Originally posted by tgp+Jan 16th, 2004 - 2:21 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tgp @ Jan 16th, 2004 - 2:21 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by brian@Jan 15th, 2004 - 4:07 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-strawberry daiquiri
@Jan 10th, 2004 - 4:37 pm
You know, I nearly prefer navy to black, less harsh  :P

51824-22.jpg
I have that one and love it too! [/b][/quote]
Need to go shoppppppppping :woot:

Originally posted by NANA@Jan 24th, 2004 - 8:08 am
help NANA, what is the best navy liner, eye shadow & mascara, i'm looking for something that will LAST, also what lipstick in a light color do you find lasts the longest NANA :flower:
I like bobbi brown gel liner in navy or if you prefer a pencil, lancome le stylo waterproof in minuit. Both stay put very well until washed off. For navy shadow-the mac blu-noir or contrast. For mascara, try the navy in lancome definicils. What shade of light lipstick are you looking for?? I like the amplified creams from mac-they feel really good on.

also-you can usually find the lancome liner on ebay for about half the price.

hope this helps

Originally posted by NANA+Jan 24th, 2004 - 8:08 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NANA @ Jan 24th, 2004 - 8:08 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-SoJess@Jan 10th, 2004 - 5:35 pm

help NANA, what is the best navy liner, eye shadow & mascara, i'm looking for something that will LAST, also what lipstick in a light color do you find lasts the longest NANA :flower: [/b][/quote]
Nana,

The best navy mascara is either Laura Mercier's or Definicils from Lancome in navy. As for the best navy blue pencil, you should try blooz from MAC (it's a blackish blue) and the best navy eyeshadow... Umm... It depends, but I'd say deep night from LM, navy from Bobbi Brown, Night Flight from Nars (but this one is glittery and therefore it might not be good for you) or Stroke of Midnight from MAC.

But Nana, you have to be careful with such a look because it makes your eyes look smaller and if there are wrinkles around your eyes, it can also make them look very tired.

Sofia

Originally posted by ribes+Jan 25th, 2004 - 6:43 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ribes @ Jan 25th, 2004 - 6:43 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by NANA@Jan 24th, 2004 - 8:08 am
<!--QuoteBegin-SoJess
@Jan 10th, 2004 - 5:35 pm

Nana,

The best navy mascara is either Laura Mercier's or Definicils from Lancome in navy. As for the best navy blue pencil, you should try blooz from MAC (it's a blackish blue) and the best navy eyeshadow... Umm... It depends, but I'd say deep night from LM, navy from Bobbi Brown, Night Flight from Nars (but this one is glittery and therefore it might not be good for you) or Stroke of Midnight from MAC.

But Nana, you have to be careful with such a look because it makes your eyes look smaller and if there are wrinkles around your eyes, it can also make them look very tired.

Sofia [/b][/quote]
good morning rides & tpg, thank you both for taking the time to ans. me, rides your right i have to be careful about shimmer do to the wrinkles, tpg as for lipstick i'm finally starting to get away from nudes and other light colors, my hair is white, short messychoppy side bangs, i do alot of piecy type things with products, my eyes are lg. and hazel, i'm thankful for all your input as i still cannot get out do to the 2 fratured vertabra, more tests them surgery, soooo all you girls are my lifeline so i can look gorgeous while i hang around the house & hospital, but what the hell i have to be my own best company so keek all sugg. coming oh also i have med. to dark skin :innocent: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->