Arabian / Smokey eye Look

I bought an awesome eyeliner from MAC and a small brush like the one that Hanne posted.. and its amazing! i achieved the same look as the girl iv posted her pic, thanks for everyone who helped me:heart:

ALl the ladies in my family get this look buy using Guerlain Terracotta khol powder.

Celine Chic, my mom and sis bought me that kohl powder in black, brown and blue cuz they saw some friends who used it and liked it
I never managed to get the logic..so quickly gave up on using it
How do the ladies in ur family apply it?

tulip said:
Celine Chic, my mom and sis bought me that kohl powder in black, brown and blue cuz they saw some friends who used it and liked it
I never managed to get the logic..so quickly gave up on using it
How do the ladies in ur family apply it?

What problems did you have with it? I know my mother uses a angled brush and I'm not 100% sure but I think she may use a tiny dab of water so the powder isn't all over the place.

I have no clue how the rest of my family uses it but I do know they love it. I would suggest going to the makeup people at Guerlain and merely explaining your problem and they will help you. They love doing that stuff.

Just letting everybody know that Andy has let the mod team know that we need to be vigilant about making sure all things posted are properly attributed.
We need to make sure we 'do the right thing' and credit all content if it being referenced from another site. In the future if I see images not credited, I will unfortunately have to delete them. That's the US law where our server is located.

I have tried to follow this rule myself whenever I could remember were I saved a image from.. but from now on, if I or anybody else can't remember where we took a image from..we should refrain from posting it.

i tried smoky eyes this mrning & its looked excellent when I first did it but ny lunchtime it had slipped half way down my face & I had to wipe it off. thats the problem with heavier makeup.....

lolita729 said:
am arab and i think am the only arab girl who doesn t know how to apply eye pencil. all of the girls i know get that perfect smoky eye by pencil and i can only get it by playin with dark eye shadow and whenever i use the pencil i feel like my eyes look small and weird. black pencil doesnt suit my green eyes at all.

no you're not the only one .. i don't know how either .. i have dark brown eyes and every time i do the dark eye make up i look weird.. i gave up! i don't think it looks good on everyone.. you need to have bigger eyes .. my sister has bigger eyes it looks great on her..
but i hate it when girls wear that make up during the day .. it's too much.

I do this look by using black eye pencil liner (I am not good with liquid) and then ontop I line it with black eyeshadow. I think it takes practice. I have also learned that its better to build up the intensity rather than just piling on black...
My only gripe is that its hard to remove. I will still have liner like 2 days after!:yuk:

Golden_Butterfly - i think u and me are two people on this forum who think RIYA is absolutely GORGEOUS. i just saw her a few weeks ago in Calcutta (this is her home city) and she is SOOOO pretty in real life. The pics NEVER do her justice.

lots of girls here in india were eye make up like that.
basically it by using liquid liner on the lids and kohl inside the rim.
its putting it in the rim that makes the eyes look bigger and more attractive.

this is one of my fave pics of Riya Sen :

credits to chalo.net

Last edited by a moderator:
arabic girls have the BEST eyes seriously.. i'm so so jealous... i couldnt do the whole smokey eye look i think.

I ALWAYS wear black eyeliner on my top lids and my insiide bottoms. I love the way it looks. So exotc.

i have big black almond eyes , i think arabic kohl suits my eyes alot :blush:

helena said:
i tried smoky eyes this mrning & its looked excellent when I first did it but ny lunchtime it had slipped half way down my face & I had to wipe it off. thats the problem with heavier makeup.....

That's what happens when I go out to the clubs. Once I start getting really hot... my eyemakeup starts to evaporate. Fortunately, it never rolls down the face.

i think there is an excellent way to keep your kohl in place for the whole day ;

i take my kohl .. melt the tip of it by lighting it with a match... wait for a second till it gets coooler... then i apply the kohl..:woot: extremely black and never smudges

Has anyone tried stila's Kajal liners?

(pic take off nordstrom.com)
Kajal Eye Liners are formulated to mimic the ultrasoft texture of the Indian eye-darkener of the same name. The luscious formula glides on perfectly, without dragging across the fragile skin of the eye area. Delivers bold, clear, true color that easily blends and beautifies.

Put benefit's shelaq untop of your eyeliner - that helps it to stay put as well :flower:

I don't think there's a night where I go out anymore and DON'T do the smoky eye makeup. I try to watch myself while wearing it while it's light out, but at night, I'm ALL about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->