Arabian / Smokey eye Look

lissa_508 said:
I love to do smokey eyes all the time. .
I tend to like the greens ..one of my favorite color palettes is revlon 12 hr called "spring moss". I just cant use it becuase it makes my eyes run the whole day..any suggestions on a nice green palette of moss/sage greens , with a nice deep green for lining...perhaps something in a matte finish?

Then i love the smokey purples/plums , those colors look the best with my shade of blue eyes. I need some suggestions on some good brands/colors.
I have tried pigments & theyre too glittery for my everyday look.
Prestiege makes a beautiful green liner, but it is slightly shimmery I think.

I love green smokey eyes! Those are my fave, probably.

Originally Posted by lissa_508
I love to do smokey eyes

can anyone suggest a daytime smokey eye?

I have black hair and brows and hazel eyes. I' not asian, i'm european so i have olive (But very pale) skin.

I'm all about the kajal liner with lots of mascara, but i always feel it's too heavy for day, also it smudges a bit, which is cool on a night out, but doesn;t look as 'clean' for day... But if i don't do it my eyes disappear as they are too light for my hair and brows! any ideas?

You can try a daytime smokey eye using a light shimmery brown with some brown khol and brown or black mascara.
It looks hot and not heavy for daytime use. :wink:

dark dark gloomy eyes

i loved the makeup at rochas!!
00360m.jpg
00310m.jpg

00260m.jpg

style.com

does anyone know how to acheive this look? i simply adore it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have dark circles, should you go for smokey eye since it might enhance the circles more? =S

madem0iselle said:
if you have dark circles, should you go for smokey eye since it might enhance the circles more? =S

I have slight dark circles but I always do smokey eyes/cat eyes and it hasn't dramatized my dark circles. But I would suggest using concealer first, to reduce the visiblity of your under eye shadows then applying your eye makeup.

I have slight dark circles but I always do smokey eyes/cat eyes and it hasn't dramatized my dark circles. But I would suggest using concealer first, to reduce the visiblity of your under eye shadows then applying your eye makeup.

Yes. Apply some Dior skinflash or YSL's touche eclat, whichever you like best, right under your eyes.

A well blended smokey eye, will give you that diffused illusion when you have under eye darkness, and actually will positively contribute to make your undereye darkness look good, if that makes any sense :lol:

The breakdown for Pamela Anderson's Viva Glam photoshoot

Text from Specktra.net member Christina Victoria
Hi, I had actually e-mailed an artist asking for recommendations on a picture, but instead she gave me the breakdown for Pamela Anderson's Viva Glam photoshoot. Maybe this will help any of you going for a similar look!

This is what she wrote ::

Begin by prepping with STROBE CREAM for hydrated, luminescent skin. Create a flawless canvas by smoothing STUDIO TECH Foundation in NC30 over your face with brush #187. Touch up any areas that need additional coverage with the STUDIO STICK Concealer and blend out using brush #242. Finally, dust SELECT SHEER Pressed Powder on top with brush #150 to set. Define your cheekbones with COPPERTONE Matte Blush (a peachy brown) using brush #116.

Use brush #263 with an eye shadow that matches your colouring to fill in your brows (SOBA Satin Eye Shadow is what I suggest). Highlight your brow bone with VANILLA Velvet Eye Shadow (an iridescent ivory) with brush #252. Blend MANGOMIX Shadestick (a rich coppered orange) over your eyelids with your fingertip, and beneath the lower lashes with brush #219. Apply COPPERING Veluxe Pearl Eye Shadow (an orange copper) through the inner crease of your eyes with brush #224. Using the same brush, blend STARS N' ROCKETS Veluxe Pearl (light lavender with red/pink reflects) through the outer crease. To create that glossy, reflective look, dab a little CLEAR GLOSS on top of your eyelids with brush #252. Pat the gloss on top of the eye shadow rather than sweeping it on to avoid smearing.

Line your upper and lower lashlines with SMOLDER Eye Kohl Pencil (a smoky black) and go over it with MYSTERY Satin Eye Shadow (a plum brown) with brush #212. Coat your lashes with ZOOMBLACK Zoom Lash Mascara.

Line your lips with SUBCULTURE Lip Pencil (a nude pink) and filled in with VIVA GLAM V Lustre Lipstick (a neutral pink with pearl). Layer the matching VIVA GLAM V Tinted Lipglass on top for a luscious shine.

pic maccosmetics

beauty_eyes_101_350x263.jpg

Step One

Prep lids with a primer (like Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion). After blending concealer under the eyes, wet a small, flat brush and rub it across a black cake liner (like Clinique Water-Resistant Eyeliner). Pull the upper lid taut, and gently push the brush underneath and into the lashline. Your eyes will look wider and your lashes more defined.

Always: Curl your lashes for an eye-opener before you apply any makeup.

beauty_eyes_102_350x263.jpg

Step Two

Trace the upper lashline with a thick, smudgy black or dark brown pencil (like Sue Devitt Eye Intensifier Pencil in Kenya), and blend it upward with your ring finger. The color should be sheer by the time you reach the browbone.

Always: If you have hooded lids, apply enough pencil so that it stays dense all the way to the browbone—the darkness will make the protruding area appear to recede.

beauty_eyes_103_350x263.jpg

Step Three

Dust translucent powder over the lids (try Skin Alison Raffaele Transparent Finish Loose Powder) to keep the color in place.

Never: Use concealer under your eye shadow or pencil. Makeup artists often see women do this in an effort to even out discoloration and to make eye shadow adhere. But, in fact, the concealer will quickly melt (and take the rest of your eye makeup with it).

beauty_eyes_104_350x263.jpg

Step Four

Brush a powder shadow over the lid to tone down the color a bit. Here, Matin used a soft taupe (Laura Mercier Eye Colour in Whiskey). If you want to add a little more dimension to the color, layer green or gray on top instead.

Always: Concentrate liner and shadow on the outer corners if you have close-set eyes. The color can be more evenly distributed if your eyes are farther apart.

beauty_eyes_105_350x263.jpg

Step Five

A coat of mascara finishes off a daytime look. Pull the wand through the outer lashes toward the temple, the inner lashes toward your nose, and the center lashes up toward your forehead.

Never: Apply mascara on the lower lashes—it can quickly look spidery. With just a coat on top, simply blinking will tint the bottom ones sufficiently.

source: Oprah!

black eye make up

I have a formal event coming up in a few weeks and I was looking for pictures of girls with black eye make up (smokey eyes, eyeliner..anything). In particular black eye make up with false eyelashes.
Any help would be great,
Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->