Arabian / Smokey eye Look

HOW TO RECREATE “SMOKY EYE”

1. Use the Brush 8S to apply Eye Shadow #101 white over the whole upper lid.
2. Sweep some of the new Star Powder #950 black gold across the whole mobile lid to give eyes added intensity.
3. Accentuate the socket line of the upper lid with Eye Shadow #10 yellow gold and blend the 2 eye shadows upwards with the Sponge Applicator.
conseils_03_04_01.jpg
7. End by coating lashes with Lengthening Mascara #0 black and recoloring the tips.
6. Lightly smudge the contour of the lower lid to get the "smoky" look by doubling the pencil line with a line of Star Powder #950 and Eye Shadow #10, blended outwards into the outer corner of the eye.
5. Underline the inner rim of the lower lash-line with Kohl Pencil black. 4. Outline the upper contour of the eye with Color Liner #25 iridescent black.

im not asian but i have narrowish eyes. for me it works to use a lighter color, like medium brown and smudge and blend it on a more wider area, maybe accentuate the corners with black

any tips for creating smoky eyes for girls with very very pale skin,blonde hair and blue eyes?

^ Black may be too harsh for you. I would maybe go with a brown instead...

VersaceGirl said:
yea my question is, do you HAVE to use black eyeshadow on your upper eyelid or can u just use a kohl pencil and smudge??

I recommend a gel eye pencil. Not as hard to apply as liquid liner, and easier than a kohl pencil to apply. If you're going for a real smudge... this is what I do... I apply the liner in the middle of the day, a few hours at least before I'm going out. This gives it time to smudge itself... and I try to take a shower, too, with it on... it naturally smudges and looks really great.

Erin said:
I apply the liner ... and I try to take a shower, too, with it on... it naturally smudges and looks really great.

Oh Erin, I get the biggest panda bear associations imagining your routine :lol: ..you must get gel liner everwhere else as well.. how do you handle that ?

I can't do smoky eyes, I just don't think it works on me, I don't like wearing eye shadow, I just use a dust of a light one now and again on the brow bone and sometimes darken the socket. But eyeshadow generally makes me get pig eyes :doh:

However, I walked into a lampost the other day (seriously) and kind of hit my right eye so I have a slightly purple eyelid. :rolleyes:
Lampost+notpaying attention = natural smokey eyes.

o ! fab !
the other day i saw someone frm the bus walk straight into a lampost
i cringed ! :doh:

smoky eyes are gd ! :heart:
recently been doing a peacock blue & emerald one
& a v.deep slate grey w/gold shimmer
:wub: they always look so gd when you get them right ! :wink:

Maybe I just need to practise more... :unsure: Emerald sounds lovely.

nah it was dark, and on the way back from the pub :wink:

whenever i first used to do smoky eyes they were awful
literally like i'd been punched in the eye ! :lol:
practise really makes perfect !

snowcarina said:
any tips for creating smoky eyes for girls with very very pale skin,blonde hair and blue eyes?

Brown, like Erin said, and also taupe or grey looks great for blue eyed pale girls! :wink:

But a glossy or shimmery black looks very sexy and stylish too on blonde/blue eyed women, for a more glamed look. :flower:

Hanne said:
Oh Erin, I get the biggest panda bear associations imagining your routine :lol: ..you must get gel liner everwhere else as well.. how do you handle that ?

Oh no! I just heavily line just around the eyes... just takes some time and moisture to get the color to naturally spread a bit... believe me, it doesn't look scary. :wink:

smokey eyes: how to do it?

i love the smokey eye look (think Sienna Miller's classic smokey eye), and my best friend tries it on me all the time, says it looks great. (my eyes are grey-blue, or blue-grey. ha.)

does anyone have recs on what makeup / shades / colors to use to get it the smokey effect?

also, what type of blush/bronzer/lipstick/gloss goes best with smokey eyes? i assume everything else should be somewhat downplayed and "natural looking"....?

merged - plz do a search before making a new thread bluegreyeyes

For those who like dramatic eyes.

( indiaglitz.com )

Attachments

• bipasha19_2.jpg
    bipasha19_2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Celina31.jpg
    Celina31.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 15
  • ima.JPG
    ima.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 10
  • koena_big.jpg
    koena_big.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 8
smokey eye colors

I love to do smokey eyes all the time. .
I tend to like the greens ..one of my favorite color palettes is revlon 12 hr called "spring moss". I just cant use it becuase it makes my eyes run the whole day..any suggestions on a nice green palette of moss/sage greens , with a nice deep green for lining...perhaps something in a matte finish?

Then i love the smokey purples/plums , those colors look the best with my shade of blue eyes. I need some suggestions on some good brands/colors.
I have tried pigments & theyre too glittery for my everyday look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->