Beauty S.O.S: The morning after?

Style Amor

Reaction score
Pheww I'm glad Spring runway shows are over and now I can go back to normal but what do you do when you need to pull off an all nighter or you had too much to drink during a weekday and don't wanna look like a wreck, I have some tips for a beauty Aid kit :3 and please share your ideas too!

2950285586_78a8e31297_b.jpg

This is my beauty life saver!

-Collect foundation samples or keep a small foundation sample at your desk, if you can score some concealer even better, it works miracles for overnight dark circles.
-Always have tinted lip gloss or lip liner.
- Try to stay away from heaving eye liners they can emphasize under eye puffiness and dark circles.
- Use an eyelash curler and mascara to make your eyes look bigger and awake.
-Also try to use highlighting eye-shadow colors, bright golds, yellows and whites, can make you look awake and add glimmer to your eyes. ( I use a gold green eyeshadow to highlight my eyes)

Last but not least, have tissue with you at all times, sneezing and messing up your make-up is not cute and if you have a bad hangover it can become a lifesaver!

Share your S.O.S beauty tips here!!!:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a make up plan but to reduce the impact of a heavy night I use: -actually get out of bed -eye drops these really make you look a lot better -pain killers first thing, then water, coffee and juice (if I can get it) followed by some food -wash my face -wash your hair if you can, if not tie it up to promote freshness -finally I usually don't wear too much make up but just the basics: lots of moisturizer, light foundation, mascara and lip gloss. I agree with style amor eyeliner just emphasizes everything. an added thing i some times do depending on how i'm feeling is wearing statement earrings or necklace to take the emphasis away from my pathetic state

I've never had a hangover ^_^

But my failsafe to looking good after/for anything is flawless skin and blusher.

I've had a thousand hangovers (hello Denmark :lol:), and what helps me is taking a shower, getting some fresh air and an awful lot of concealer and eyelash curling. And Origins No Puffiness. A soothing eye masque is essential.

yup couldnt agree with more with all the suggestions..
every sunday at work i pretty much doll myself up with some touche eclat, blusher and fancy eye lash curling.
Oh and carrot, apple and ginger juice is good way to start as well!

I agree with everything you guys have said: fresh air, great concealer, and mascara/curling the eyelashes!!!

I took everyones advice about the eyelash curlers yesterday...I had a major politics lunch and dinner I had to give a speech at I only had 1 hour sleep the night before. Big use of curlers and touche eclat later,I actually looked quite good ^_^

drink tons of water
a lymphatic facial massage can practically undo the damage

touch eclat & blush
green tea
a warm bath and body scrub
yoga

basically anything that gets the lymphatic system going will replace puffiness, dark circles and toxins with a healthy glow

also, you'll want to eat lightly to help the system flush itself out

I agree with everything said before. it looks best when you go easy on the make-up, otherwise you look worse.
also, sounds stupid, but i read that Madonna said it once and it kind of helps: don't look in the mirror too much :P!
of course, check yourself in the mirror once in a while, but don't look too often just to see how tired you look (this is what i do when i feel like that; looking in the mirror and being kind of fascinated how bad i look)

Water. Water water water! A good cup of tea & some YSL Touche Eclat for under the eyes ^_^

I usually have a tall glass of water with lemon right after getting up and take a shower. A de-puffing eyecream is essential as well. If that doesn't help fast enough, I take two spoons from the fridge and place them on my eyes for cooling.
As for make-up, I agree with lots of concealer, mascara, curling and blush. A bit of white eyeliner or eyeshadow in the corners of the eyes and on the tearline also helps look more awake.

Consuming a lot of alcohol dehydrates the skin, so apply more moisturizer than usual and really massage it in. If you have the time, use a face scrub/peel beforehand so that it really sinks into your skin and relaxes your muscles. But don't make a habit of wearing dollops of face cream when you're not hungover. An extra amount of moisturizer doesn't actually moisturize the skin better, it just lends the face more of a glow.

Has navy mascara been mentioned? It makes the eyes seem brighter.

^I know that blue eyeliner on the inside rim of the eyes makes eyes brighter and wider,so I might try navy mascara.

my best tip to look better on hangover days is to use enough blush/bronzer, because I'm usually looking pale and lifeless on the mornings after so it helps a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->