Arena Homme + S/S 2011

bought the klein issue........its worth every penny..........8 nude guys incl. zombieboy(dressed)

It looks less glossy and more edgy, the layout is more simple, kind of retro, more text, and features are distributed thorughout the magazine in between fashion stories. And there are many smaller inserts inside.

Quite different from the classic older Arena Homme +, not sure if it's better or not, i'm still not sure.

Thanks for the response!

This issue is treading POP territory and I'm not sure I can stomach it.

Attachments

• tumblr_ljyly9Bdjd1qiease.jpg
    tumblr_ljyly9Bdjd1qiease.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 11
Thanks to everyone for posting the editorials and the much-sought after Klein exclusive.

Overall, the direction of this new team leaves me cold and underwhelmed. Don't like the Dapper Dan, Juergen Teller, Corinne Day style of the editorials, and hate the old-skool fanzine cheapness of the graphic design and art direction.

Unless there are some incredible editorials we've yet to seen, this debut is extremely forgettable-- all those horrible covers are giving me a schizo vibe, and not even Klein's raw but slick exclusive (which is very Helmut Newton's "White Women" in tone) can save this issue.

Such wasted potential...

I really could have done without Rick in Klein's editorial.

^Yeah, I Agree, if anything i feel he spoils the editorial and doesn't fit the theme at all, I think Kleins editorial is the best within the issue and to be honest I'm tempted to spend that little bit extra to get his issue.

#66 No Olivier Rizzo?:( Who is the contributer stylist of this magazine right now?

#66 No Olivier Rizzo?:( Who is the contributer stylist of this magazine right now?

I was curious about their new direction so I flipped through it the other day. It seems that they had a wipe out - the usual contributing editors were all gone and were replaced by the Pop editors (Vanessa Reid, Tamara Rothstein etc.)... Come to think of it, it felt like a male version of Dasha's Pop.

I didn't get the point of the Sims/Joe McKenna editorial. It didn't even feature clothes. I recognized a naked Raquel in one shot.

:wub:

SUPERNORMAL
Ph: Jamie Morgan
St: Barry Kamen and Max Pearmain
M: Claude Simonon and Louis Simonon

homotography.blogspot via heelscatchfire

^HQs can be found here

WARDROBE+ A/W11 PREVIEW
photographer:
Ronald Dick
stylist: John Colver
Model: Harry Goodwins

source | steelmachines.wordpress.com

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know where i might buy the Special issue online in Canada?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->