Arena Homme + S/S 2011

tarsha

Reaction score
b27880e5bf7f1f97_AH__COVER_SIMMS.larger.jpg

With its new editorial team, the biannual Arena Homme Plus has become something of a brother publication to POP — they now share the same editorial director, Ashley Heath, and the magazine's new editor-in-chief, Max Pearmain, used to be acting menswear editor at POP.
Heath and Pearmain's first edition of Arena Homme Plus hits newsstands next Monday, April 11 in the UK (and Monday, April 18 for the rest of the world), boasting four different covers, one each playfully dubbed "Stephen," "Stevie," "Steve," or "Steven."
"The men's fashion magazine market has become so staid and predictable," Pearmain notes of his vision for the magazine. "It was actually more inspiring in many ways fifteen years ago when there was just L'Uomo, Vogue Hommes, and Arena Homme Plus . . . We wanted to inject some surprise and some passion and some playfulness back into this world."
Pearmain himself styled New Order's Stephen Morris for the "Stephen" cover, artist Clunie Reid created scrawling artwork for the "Stevie" cover (left), David Sims photographed the "Steve" cover, and Steven Klein of course captured the "Steven" cover. The Klein version of the issue — or Homme+ PLUS, as it has been christened — comes with 45 extra pages of more "hardcore" content, some of which has already been posted online (NSFW), and will only be sold in selected independent retailers and online.
The move back to Arena Homme Plus is something of a coming home for Heath, who used to edit the magazine himself: "It's been fun to return. I really built that magazine on blood, sweat, and tears back in the day, so it was great that David Sims, Steven Klein and others from the glory days returned and contributed such strong, strange work. There's this sense of travel, of art and design, of the way the world is changing . . . We changed the paper stocks a bit and did that 'special sections' thing I'm into recently. The magazine is still niche, but it will appeal to a broader cross-section of stylish men."
Alongside contributions from Sims and Klein, the new issue also features work by Wolfgang Tillmans, Collier Schorr, and Ari Marcopoulos.

fashionologie

Last edited by a moderator:
just saw this too, not one interesting cover in my opinion. what's with the multicover fad this season?

I don't like any of them but the least bad lol would be the last shot

I love Steven cover..thou I thought it would be better without Steven font covering his face

S/S? I thought it would be S/F... Im guessing theyre changing publishing seasons now

I like all the covers but especially Steve's

i hate to admit i like seth's cover. so over him though. if i want to look at nude footballers i'd buy a different magazine.

S/S? I thought it would be S/F... Im guessing theyre changing publishing seasons now

I like all the covers but especially Steve's

Good catch! It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Even though I liked Jo-Ann, I look forward to seeing what Max Pearmain can do. I like the variation of these covers (I'm not really into David Sims' cover though; truth be told, I don't really care for him) and especially the mischievousness of Stevie's cover.

Don't like any at all. Hope the content is good, if so, I'll get the Klein cover.

The "Stevie" and "Steven" covers are the best. The other two are just horrible. Of course, the one I like most is banned...

Anyway, so good to have the brilliant Ashley Heath back at ARENA! Now, if only they can get fab Fabien Baron back as creative director, and ARENA will be back to its glorious self and leave the other men's glossies in the dust (which shouldn't be too hard seeing how uncreative the others have been lately).

Thanks tarsha for the preview!

I really don't know what to say... I loved AH+ under Jo-Ann. It was my favourite mens magazine. Not fond of any of these covers, really... :unsure:

i like the change of the mag my favorite are the Steven cover

I don't like any of the covers. :( Hopefully the contents under the new team are good, I always look forward to Arena Homme.

POP magazine's blog has posted four more covers in addition to the ones that have been posted in this thread.

See here.

The model on the Givenchy suit one is Aiden Andrews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->