Arena Homme + S/S 2011

What did they expect from Steven Klein? You know very well what you're going to get when you hire him. It defeats the whole purpose of hiring Klein when in the end you decide to scrap his entire editorial. If they didn't want anything provocative, then Klein was a bad choice.

Has anyone spotted the Klein edition? Is there a list of stockists?

Colette has the Steven Klein issue, but it's 15 eur, and the normal edition is 10 eur. :flower:
Contents :
- Stephen Morris
- My Son wears RL
- Meeting Grandaddy
- The European
- Men's Fashion photography by Tillmans, Schorr, Marcopoulous + Lebon
- Art Input by Mark Leckey, Scott King, Ken Grand + Clunie Reid
AH+ Plus Special Edition : includes Steven Klein Exposé Anatomy of a Murder
45 pages exlusive featuring Rico AKA Zombie

colette

^ is it available online through arena homme? like, how do you get the special edition

Arena Homme + SS11
Harry Goodwins | Ph: Ronald Dick

homotography.blogspot.com via Syaoran

I might be in super offensive mode when commenting on this issue due to the new editorial team but Ronald Dick's editorial seems very un-Arena Homme+ like.

Preview of editorial by Jamie Morgan featuring Claude and Louis Simonon:

Max Pearmain's blogspot

I honestly feel if they would have included this editorial, it would probably have been one of the better ones in this issue. This is like when they censored the Vogue Hommes Japan spread a while back...At this point nudity is almost synonymous with fashion editorials, but it's insane how men are still censored in many ways, even when sexual connotations are not present.

found the steven klein issue at colette 'S onlineshop...........juhuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Just bought this one. No Steven klein ed for me

^How does it look compared to previous issues? Has the new editorial team been good to Arena Homme+? Bad?

I stand corrected. The Klein special edition is available on newsstands, it just comes sealed in plastic and costs £10 instead of £6, and in the case of my newsagent is put on the top shelf.

I wonder if they also sell the SK edition at the Barns&Noble I go to..

Look at the size of that special edition!

The nude model for Klein's anatomy Of A Murder is more than a one trick pony if you get my drift.... :P Who is the lucky girlfriend (or boyfriend)?

^How does it look compared to previous issues? Has the new editorial team been good to Arena Homme+? Bad?

It looks less glossy and more edgy, the layout is more simple, kind of retro, more text, and features are distributed thorughout the magazine in between fashion stories. And there are many smaller inserts inside.

Quite different from the classic older Arena Homme +, not sure if it's better or not, i'm still not sure.

Factory Floor
Ph.:
Jason Evans

Stephen Morris
Ph.:
Jonathan de Villiers

source | maxpearmain.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
is this from the issue too?

Supreme x Adam Kimmel
Ph.:
Tyrone lebon
Models: Alex & Daphne

source | maxpearmain.blogspot.com

With access to the best of the industry they came up with this? it feels unsatisfying to say the least, if they wanted to give new talents a chance there are better photographers like Daniel Reira, Ben Toms, Kacper etc. :ermm:

can anyone make a full review pls?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->