Arm Hoops

Acid

yes
Reaction score
ive been noticing a lot of people wearing hoops around their wrists, elbow and upper arms recently

most notably is Kate moss who has done it on several occasions in the last few weeks

and of corse...........SIENNA miller also did the same thing at the premier of Layer Cake

What hoops? Like the big plastic orange one Kylie had around her biceps in her video?

i want some of those silver rings that are on kate
any idea wear i can score some ?

Originally posted by paprika_hiccup@Oct 2 2004, 06:30 PM
I think they are just bangles pushed above the elbow . . .
[snapback]383327[/snapback]​
or, I'd make it that way, anyway..

I don't think I could get a bangle up past my elbow :shock:

I think that this is the kind of thing that not everyone can pull off well. Nice arms would look nice with them, but fleshier arms would look...well, extra-fleshy. Also, I like the thin metallic ones shown better than the thick yellow one on Kate Moss, but maybe I'd have to see them in person. The thin ones look cool on her, though.

yes very hard unless you have super slim arms in which case it looks good. Mary kate was doing this with the live strong lance armstrong bracelets before she went into rehab and it looked good on her.

Originally posted by eloes@Oct 2 2004, 10:17 PM
I like the thin metallic ones shown better than the thick yellow one on Kate Moss...
[snapback]383451[/snapback]​
Agreed. The thick yellow one looks silly and stupid to me, but the silver ones look very cool.

I agree, it looks good on mainly slim arms. :crush: Kate's bu Sienna's look :doh:

Medic-o-tastic...

They're also called 'torques' and were worn on the neck or upper-arm by celtic types:

torque.jpg

:king: im proud of my spotting, this trend had a page dedicated to arm hoops in this week's heat magazine.......
both the sienna and the kate pictures were there too :lol:

Heat editors! come out come out wherever you are

I like the ones Kate wears, as in, actual silver bangles - the big chunky plastic ones tend to look somewhat cheap, in my opinion.

Where do you get them from? Or do you just buy bangles and push them to your upper arm?

yeah...those are just bangles and if you're skinny and small-boned like those girls...you can push the bangles up high...

the real ones are like the ones prince posted and a version was featured on the chloe runway. last fall i believe...the bracelet looked like a snake wrapped around your upper arm...this is obviously where the trend started...as both sienna and kate worship at the chloe altar... :mrgreen:

i have one i got at a store with indian jewelry on st marks place
which is obviously where phoebe got the idea... ^_^ :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->