Article about Nicolas Ghesquiere/Balenciaga's business strategy...

^ :huh: but I thought that was a different strategy ...

"... That's likely to spur demand for updated versions of classic Balenciaga designs that Ghesquière is selling under the Balenciaga Edition label."

Balenciaga Edition is not the capsule line. It's the line of clothes that are Balenciaga originals reworked and 'modernized' by Ghesquiere.

metal-on-metal said:
Balenciaga Edition is not the capsule line. It's the line of clothes that are Balenciaga originals reworked and 'modernized' by Ghesquiere.

I saw one of them...they look GREAT!

metal-on-metal said:

you know...
that's what i thought too...

but the article seems to imply that this has changed now...
i'm not sure which is correct at this point...
i will see what i can find out and report back...

:flower:

There are two seperate lines.

One is original Balenciaga redone and modernized as metal stated. The other is Ghesquire's past Balenciaga designs reworked into basics. They have examples of both in the October issue if Paris Vogue. I wish I could be more specific but that is the best I could figure out with my limited french.

The reworked Ghesquire designs are very simple and basic. They are still quite nice but I can't imagine it being very exspensive at all. It's like Balenciaga lite...a diffusion line almost.

Last edited by a moderator:
great article, i hope to see balenciaga turn out a profit and there ideas seem to be working so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->