As Four S / S 2004 - New York

Astrid21

Reaction score
I wasn't impressed with their previous collection, and I'm certainly not impressed with this one. After the initial shock of metallic overload, I couldn't help but think of other collections that looked very similar. As I sifted through piece by piece I found touches of old Celine, weak de la Renta, and the bitter, shiny lamé taste of this A/W's Fendi collection. It kind of shocks me that they were once labeled as avant-garde. :blink:

Opinions?

:woot: i like it, i really do.
even though I'm not a fan of 'lamè' i can see some very interesting shapes there,
and the last white look from the second plate is absolutely beautiful

thanks for posting this Astrid :flower:

I'm not really familiar with As Four, but if they are avant-garde then this can be a quite 50(bad)/50(good) collection for them. Some dresses, with the gold lame (lamey) is quite Celine I'll agree, but majority seemed avant-grade. The weird thing is the last outfit (very repeated avant-gared) seemed it was covering the mainstream theme of collection. :unsure:

I have really liked them in the past but this collection is a disappointment for me. The only piece I truly adore is the third to the last look on Jamie Bochert.

:blush: wow this is quite surpriseing, They used to be soo soooo soooooo good and where one of my favorites, its so mediocer really it looks more like a graduateing collection than a collection from a seasond designer, its still as four, and I lvoe it but its just boring for them

I agree with the others that the lame and metallic is a bit overdone but I enjoy some of the shapes, like the very first look and some of the others scattered throughout. This will definately not be my fav. collection from this season but it's not going to be the worst either i hope.

i like it. perhaps people arent ready for their interesting sillouettes
and manipulation of mettalic. however, these clothes would look great
in the right lighting.the white background of the set up/runway + drab lighting
take away from the clothing. im sure this collection will come to life and shine in opcoming editorials. :heart:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Sep 14th, 2003 - 12:13 pm
however, these clothes would look great
in the right lighting.the white background of the set up/runway + drab lighting
take away from the clothing. im sure this collection will come to life and shine in opcoming editorials. :heart:
so true

It would have looked better in the darker rooms, like they showd in before :blush:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Sep 14th, 2003 - 10:13 pm
these clothes would look great...
im sure this collection will come to life and shine in opcoming editorials. :heart:
i'm with you lolita, the more i see this collection, the more i like it B)

I really don't think they're meant to show in Bryant Park. It's really too drab and boring for their clothes. I was really surprised when I saw that they were showing in the tents.

its was better in china town

mroe udnerground but this will shrly bring them much more attention

:heart:

and more clients for sure, it seems like they are finally ready to sell real wholesale they are getting professional :wink:

however, with the exception of a few pieces, i really don't find this to be that wearable and if wearable then even a bit harsh for nightlife.

Originally posted by mehg@Sep 14th, 2003 - 3:41 pm
however, with the exception of a few pieces, i really don't find this to be that wearable and if wearable then even a bit harsh for nightlife.
:huh: how is it harsh for night life? i actually think the mettalic and
dresses would be great for night outings, but thats just me :smile:
i thnk all of it is pretty wearable, esp. the suits. its actually just a matter of
whether or not you can pull it off. this is actually is a turn for as four, and much much more "wearable" from anything in the past seasons.

Geezus, in the light? :shock: :lol: Anyone more shine and it will make me go blind. B) I don't care what light it's put in. Nothing can make this look good, imo.

Its very wearable, and beatifuly crafted, i think it would be so cool at a club, but im a bit odd liek that :blush:

:P :heart:i would wear it, especially thous twisted seam wants :bounce: :bunny: :buzz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->