Ashlee Simpson for Victoria's Secret

missrichie25 said:
i like ashlee simpson - i think she looks absolutly beautiful...and she's not replacing models, good on her if she can sing and act and model! i think she's great!

actually, we all know that she cannot sing... so common !

:lol:

I believe the reason behind Ashlee Simpson is to attract more consumers who feel "left out" from the standard VS line of apparel. Its a good direction instead of another typical VS model promoting the Pink line. After all, the Pink line is for all young females big, small or tall to wear. If this works out you may even see a popular plus size celebrity promoting a plus size line (fat chance, but it could happen!)

I read reviews from her concert tour - sounds like the perfect person for the job, the only fans at her concerts were like 9-14 year old girls....

...maybe that's who VS wants to market this line to?

Ugh! :yuk:

Ashlee in underwear!?! :shock: No thanks!

That girl appears totally unglamorous, even "unclean" too me...

KhaoticKharma said:
Ashlee dosen't have a lovely face at all, though I do think she has an almost-model body: she's thin and 5'7.

I dunno, she looks a lot shorter than 5'7. Seems like her height is a big mystery...a lot of the fan websites say she's 5'7 but this celeb height site says she's only around 5'5.

glenn-ashleesimpson.jpg

"5ft 8 Glenn leaning a bit beside Ashlee"

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Ashlee-Simpson-637.html

Oh well, either way I'm not going to buy anything from VS Pink line while Ashlee's their model :yuk:

Ugh, I am SICK of Ashlee Simpson. I hate when models are replaced by people who just....don't deserve the job!

crow_watcher said:
After all, the Pink line is for all young females big, small or tall to wear.

Seriously? From what I've seen - in the stores, feeling and looking and attempting to try on - Pink seems like a line soley for skinny, straight-bodied (not that there's anything wrong with that!) 12-16 year old girls who don't yet care about fabric quality or longevity, and who are buying it all out of their allowances. It's cheaply constructed out of cheaper materials, and the bras have zero support - but I don't think they even make them larger than a C cup anyway, and that's pushing it.

I join you in being hopeful about a 'plus sized line'...and I think Kelly Clarkson would have been better for VS than Ashlee, but not for Pink - her junk would never fit into any of VS's!

Truthfully, I'm just longing for the day when VS makes some of their pretty bras available in a DD - I'm sick of wearing the boring, utilitarian 'Body' ones. They fit like a dream on me, but ugh. So industrial looking.

Well...you never know if it might actually turn out like this:

2005-
Customer sees Alessandra Ambrosio in VS ad, thinks, "I'm nowhere near her level...best leave VS to the pros..." and walks away.

2006-
Customer sees Ashlee Simpson in VS ad, thinks, "Oh boy...if she can wear it, I can definitely do it better than her...", and goes in to pick up something :P

astatine said:

2005-
Customer sees Alessandra Ambrosio in VS ad, thinks, "I'm nowhere near her level...best leave VS to the pros..." and walks away.

2006-
Customer sees Ashlee Simpson in VS ad, thinks, "Oh boy...if she can wear it, I can definitely do it better than her...", and goes in to pick up something :P

good point! :flower:

astatine said:

2005-

2006-

My thoughts exactly. But I didnt express it because I didnt want to sound like the Pink like is marketed to the common young girl.

Heroin_Chic said:
Ugh! :yuk:

Ashlee in underwear!?! :shock: No thanks!

That girl appears totally unglamorous, even "unclean" too me...
:lol:
Dont worry! i completely agree

astatine said:

2005-

2006-
Thats a great point!

astatine said:

2005-

2006-

I agree. A lot of times when I look at VS catalogs, I wonder "This is SO unrealistic. What makes you think that I could be able to wear this?" versus Ashlee Simpson, someone who is more relatable (if that is even a word.)

Anastasia said:
Seriously? From what I've seen - in the stores, feeling and looking and attempting to try on - Pink seems like a line soley for skinny, straight-bodied (not that there's anything wrong with that!) 12-16 year old girls who don't yet care about fabric quality or longevity, and who are buying it all out of their allowances. It's cheaply constructed out of cheaper materials, and the bras have zero support - but I don't think they even make them larger than a C cup anyway, and that's pushing it.

I join you in being hopeful about a 'plus sized line'...and I think Kelly Clarkson would have been better for VS than Ashlee, but not for Pink - her junk would never fit into any of VS's!

Truthfully, I'm just longing for the day when VS makes some of their pretty bras available in a DD - I'm sick of wearing the boring, utilitarian 'Body' ones. They fit like a dream on me, but ugh. So industrial looking.

Anastasia, they do have bras available in DD. They go all the way up to D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->