Asian And Black Models

Han from Marilyn (I think) did a few big shows. She did both Marc Jacobs, Luca Luca. There is also Miyuki K, Sonny and Lu Yan.

Qu Ying, a Chinese model (and yes, they're all the same person :smile: )
xin1811022314592311540157nm.jpg

xin1811022314590287522141df.jpg

xin17110223145979429667131ii.jpg

xin18110223145941924049163il.jpg

sexy5na.jpg

dress0rn.jpg

109i8sb.jpg

mask9ng.jpg

imgnothingfashioncbanner001i0g.jpg

qbd249dw.jpg

5335065mq.jpg

a20051021chen12i5jq.jpg

a20051021chen20i7vu.jpg

quying11i5ti.jpg

^couldn't help but think that she looks damn familiar!!! ish she an actress to???

BlackHowell said:
so its no surprise that there are a few of asians models bcoz asians certainly dont appreciate beauty that is asian...

SOO TRUE!! BULLEYES

zashikibuta said:
to be honest...actualy..most Asians..(not Asian Americans) PREFER to look at a model who does not have the typical Asian features...Hooded eyelids, dark skin, long or round face, ..etc... They'd rather look at a model who looks white... Big eyes, etc.... So I'm not surprised Designers haven't emphasized the typical Asian look in their lineup. There's not a big following for that look even for (I'll say Asian natives.
I wouldn't say this is fair to apply this to all Asian because those "typical Asian feature" definitely not likely to apply to all Asian at the same time or won't be able to find them on other races. In fact, to some degree, those are consider as stereotyping, esp toward those who really don't have those feature or have the "white people feature". From my experience, acutally there isn't alot of Asian want to be real white person. And the illusion of "Asian looking up to Western Beauty Ideal" is just beause they are rare among Asian and some of their feature (bigger eyes and pale skin) is consider as youthful, cute and babyish feature (like a lot of Asian infant and child).

As an Asian, it is somehow upsetting to see those stereotyping "Asian Beauty" on the media and catwalk. Not saying that they arent beautiful or anything bad, but those phenonmenon promote stereotype that all Asian have those "typical Asian feature" and those who dont have such feature were consider as "twinkie" or "Western looking" or make them feel that they are not beautiful.

As a Chinese girl who have very pale skin (think of my white friend's comment of "ur white than white people) and i have a somehow big eyes with a crease plus a rosy cheek, i can barely find any Asian girls or magazine and such that look like me and yes somehow they do make me feel ugly and such cuz i dont have the hooded eyes and such:S
eightyeightkeys said:
I think the lack of Asian models comes at least partly from the fact that there aren't too many tall Asians, and also that modeling isn't exactly worshipped in Asia...
As a Chinese im not exactly agree with the 1st one (being around 160ish cm my folk keep calling me shortie, and im from Southern China:S) but the 2nd part is quite true. In Hong Kong people cheat teen's $$$ by provide them modelling "opportunity" and then rip them of by help them apply them different "course". plus, ppl think modeling are not that practical and really, modelling is one of those thing that needs a lot of weird guts plus a right star searcher to search them out :S

Stylephox said:
I'm Asian and I definitely 'prefer' to see Chinese/Japanese/Korean type faces because I can relate to them (ie what colours would look good). I think the reason why so many girls want to look caucasian, and idolize caucasian models, is because that's the kind of face we see as the epitome of beauty.

more diversity please :woot:
I haven't read the whole thread but I totally agree with you.

that is soo true... even wen i look at asian models... if the model has caucasian features...the model looks more appealing to me..i think its just the brain washing of the media.

:wink: I have Asian blood and I think I don't look completely Asian, nor Western. But somehow I find loads of Asian girls who I think are completely gorgeous. Models of color in general are in need!!!

^^ I don't like that model at the top of the page. Her expression bores me.

yourbestfriend said:
have you been paying attention to the last 2 seasons of shows by any chance? :wink:
Yes you mean with only "Top" black models/top Asian model?(Liya,Alek,Ai,Du) But others aren't given the chance? Maybe I missed something.

With the exception of Babyphat and Heatherette, I still see no improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gypsy_Doll said:
Yes you mean with only "Top" black models/top Asian model?(Liya,Alek,Ai,Du) But others aren't given the chance? Maybe I missed something.

With the exception of Babyphat and Heatherette, I still see no improvement.
I agree. Though there are a few more asian models booking the big shows recently, about 5 or so.

Lacoste and most recently Givenchy does a good job casting diverse models in their runway shows.

Let me introduce Caroline Duong
I've been told she is from Vietnam and she works for PS Models.
She is being one of the most popular models in Cibeles (Madrid Fashion Week, Cibeles ss07) , she has worked a lot on Tuesday here.
Here you are
dlomba1.jpg

Devota & Lomba

larrainzar4.jpg

larrainzar5.jpg

Javier Larrainzar

alianto4.jpg

Wearing Alianto

torreta11.jpg

Roberto Torreta

mpalacio1.jpg

Miguel Palacio

05.jpg

Backstage

All pics from www.algodistinto.net, except backstage one , which is from www.elmundo.es

Indrani Das Gupta
model from India

Sabyasachi spring 2007 NY Fashion Week
00250m.jpg
00070m.jpg

<style>

GenArt Show
4.jpg
9.jpg

<santabanta>

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread