Azzedine Alaïa Haute Couture F/W 11.12 Paris

there were 40 looks... where are the rest?
i cannot get over how exquisite the coats are. the
construction is immaculate

Totally agree with Travofashionisto!

Surprisingly I like it. A lot. Those maroon pieces (overcoat & dress) are awesome. The very last pic dress is stunning combination of silver and black and the balance is to be marvelled at.

Impressed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the finale gown! How much would that dress cost? Tried to find out online but Azzedine Alaia has no website or boutiques? weird..

^ *Jaw drops*
That is such a beautiful dress I'd love to see it on the red carpet!
Anyone know where I could get the information?

DANA,

Chances are its quantity has already been snagged and as Vladita mentioned, its going to be rediculously priced anyways.

^^please don't forget to post some pics in case you manage to snap it up....:P

Saying that it's "semi-couture" is never acceptable since Paris has a strict governing body, Chambre Syndicale, for HC shows and they have set of rules. Specifically in Paris, you can't just create a collection and say it's semi couture. HC should be HC and with Alaia's caliber, I don't think he'll present a collection and say it's a semi couture show. :flower:
That's exactly what he did. If you read the interview on WWD, Alaia said that he'd be presenting a collection of semi-couture items. What exactly that entails, I'm not sure, but clearly the designer himself doesn't think of this as HC in its truest form.

Seems like his anger got the best of him by the looks of this. That said, it does not take away from his technical mastery.

apparently the full collection is on fashionmag but i cannot see to find it... would someone mind me linking me to it, or posting the image please

Despite those silhouettes having been recycled for many times, the precision of cut and fit is what the current CD should learn about for the brand.

Looking back, it’s really a beautiful collection. The styling, casting and presentation is very of the time (those booties…), but the clothes themselves are wonderful. I see a lot of 1930’s/1940’s Adrian references, which I always love.

Nothing will top his Spring 2003 Couture collection, though.

^^^ Parts of this offering doesn’t work, like the weird pocket/waist details and some of the too-heavy fabrics. But overall, the more modest silhouettes of a floor-length tiered gown, and a fitted jacket with matching knee-length skirt are just straightup, timeless ladylike dressing, shows his evolution from the playful, coquettish silhouettes that he’s often pigeon-holed by, into a masterclass dressmaker who had matured with his loyal clientele. One of those full knee-length skirts and fitted jacket combos worn with a sharp, defined classic pump with the hair pulled back into a chignon would look as fresh today as it did in 2012-- or 1956.

The disciplined, poised, ladylike silhouettes of the late-1950s will forever be revisited time and time again long after we’re gone. And that’s a reassuring thought in these fashion days when the absolutely dismal, unskilled, and creatively-bankrupt likes of Karoline Vitto/Jawara Alleyne/Ashley Williams are allowed representation.

I would die to have the velvet minidress with Mongolian lamb trims! It’s FABULOUS!
I hate myself for not trying to buy it then…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->