Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2011 Paris

It is Our Time by Amanda Jenssen.

I also have a question regarding the soundtrack of this show. Does anyone know the name of the strings-heavy piece that is played between the singing?

Prospero's Magic by Michael Nyman

I can't believe this collection turns 7 in a few days. God, this was and is one of the most iconic Dior Couture collections to date. I actually shed a tear while rewatching it. Good old times. And the soundtrack is just as iconic as the collection itself.

Dusty ghosts are coming straight from archive to attend Galliano era funerals

Its just his last couture for Dior, nothing more. Too many filler and simply WTF (9:46) looks to be iconic

Kerry Taylor selling color variation of a show piece

(more photos there)

Lot 226 (Passion for Fashion, 8th December 2020)

A fine Christian Dior by John Galliano couture tulle evening gown, 'René Gruau' collection, Spring-Summer, 2011

haute couture labelled, formed from graduated cafe-au-lait to pale peach shades of tulle, the strapless fitted sheath with buttons punctuating the bodice sides, with cascades of feather blooms with jewelled centres to bodice front and side of narrow pencil skirt, the skirt with chiaroscuro-effects created by layers of brown tulle, the graduated overskirt formed from bouffant layers of pleated tulle, bust 86cm, 34in, waist 64cm, 25in

This was Galliano's last haute couture collection for Dior and it was arguably one of his finest. Having himself first studied fashion illustration at St. Martins college, he was well acquainted with René Gruau's work. The skilled Dior atelier used multiple layers of tulle to imitate the chiaroscuro - the play of light and dark - of Gruau's colour washes, to create a shimmering depth of degradé in the tulle.

This was look 22 on the catwalk executed in shades of blue and pink, but our vendor chose a different palette also used in this collection.

Estimate
£10,000 - £15,000

kerrytaylorauctions.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->