Azzedine Alaia - The All-Things Azzedine Alaia Thread

His dresses are out of this world - and, yeah, I love that dress on Mrs Beckham.

Azzedine Alaia and His Muse-Naomi Campbell

source: Firstview or scanned by me
Enjoy

Attachments

• 00043.L.jpg
    00043.L.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 00087.L.jpg
    00087.L.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 1990stripedbodysuit.jpg
    1990stripedbodysuit.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 19
  • alaia90.jpg
    alaia90.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 31
  • lace.jpg
    lace.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 17
  • alaia-1.gif
    alaia-1.gif
    24 KB · Views: 852
  • RUNWAY 1991o.jpg
    RUNWAY 1991o.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 24
  • roberto-frankenberg.jpeg
    roberto-frankenberg.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:
F[SIZE=-1]inding an [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Alaïa dress marked for $10 by someone without a clue ranks among my greatest and most unthinkable hopes. In the meantime I'll enjoy this thread, which builds my motivation to visit thrift stores, while doing nothing to strengthen my luck...
[/SIZE]

"Sophie Dahl in vintage Alaia" at the Costume Institute Gala, NY, 2005

Sophie is one of those stylish Brits who can pull off a dress like this beautifully. :crush: (Even though the article merely describes it as 'clinging like rubber' :lol:)

f14.jpg

telegraph.co.uk

she looks SMOKIN'!!! and i love the blck dress naomi is wearing in the photo with alaia.

The new edition of Le Book is Alaia themed, it's got a great illustration of him

The last Alaia creation I ever saw was on Anggun. She wore everything Alaia in her debut album sleeve, Au nom de la lune and Snow on Sahara. She even refused to wear local designer's dress and chose to wear Alaia instead for a magazine photo shoot in Malaysia back in 1999. :wink:

Some wonders of his...

vam.ac.uk :

alaia.jpg

fashiontribes :

azzedine_alaia_patent_wedge.jpg

bobellisshoes.com :

4695.jpg

nytimes

February 18, 2007
On The Street
The Future Arrives From Paris

street600cc6.jpg

By BILL CUNNINGHAM

A bold sculptural silhouette cut from black shearling, a coat suggesting the line of a Degas ballerina, was worn for New York Fashion Week by Carine Roitfeld, the editor of French Vogue. It was designed by the Paris couturier Azzedine Alaïa, who ranks among the great architects of fashion. The coat’s leather side has a shimmering patent finish. The inside is dyed black shearling. Ms. Roitfeld accented the coat with black tights and platform ankle boots.

There were thousands of superbly dressed women attending the designer collections, but only Ms. Roitfeld looked like the future.

that doesn't even look like carine!
but she's been wearing those alaia boots every day recently so i don't doubt it.

I saw that coat at Harvey Nics..there was only ONE LEFT..but it was around 6700GBP....my husband gave me the most ridulous look..like you must be joking... ahh well..one day one day...

if only someone can convince my hubby that it doesnt look like my burberry coat and that its not too shiny..even that its a dress and a coat at the same time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->