Azzedine Alaia - The All-Things Azzedine Alaia Thread

I'd completely forgotten how talented Alaia was. His simplicity has got to be what I love best.

I watched Naomi Campbell interview today and she said Azzedine is her favourite designer and she is his muse.She also said they lived together and that he often used to work clothes on her!

Mutterlein said:
Alaia should design for Dior.

well, surprise surprise!!!!!!
he did work for dior actually.
he worked for Christian Dior for five days in the early 1950's
he had just come from Tunisia . They fired him because he was an illegal immigrant and could'nt produce proper working papers at the time to keep his job.

he also had an opportunity to work their again in the mid 1990's after Gianfranco Ferre had left and they were looking for a new designer, They offered him the Job andi read he told them that he didnt want the job as if he were supposed to work for two fashion houses he would keep his best ideas for his own house................

Man of integrity.......... Man of integrity

Last edited by a moderator:
zamb said:
well, surprise surprise!!!!!!
he did work for dior actually.
he worked for Christian Dior for five days in the early 1950's
he had just come from Tunisia . They fired him because he was an illegal immigrant and could'nt produce proper working papers at the time to keep his job.

he also had an opportunity to work their again in the mid 1990's after Gianfranco Ferre had left and they were looking for a new designer, They offered him the Job andi read he told them that he didnt want the job as if he were supposed to work for two fashion houses he would keep his best ideas for his own house................

Man of integrity.......... Man of integrity

Well how old is he?

when asked how old he is, his usual response is, "as old as the pharaohs of egypt" !!!!!!!!

Actually i was wondering about his age to,i read that he dressed Greta Garbo??:unsure:
Is that true?:huh:

well, one thing we know,
he is not some flash in the pan, or some of the moment new sensation

He is one of the last great great couturiers and we should enjoy him while he continues to work , as after him (and Karl) there is no more legitimate link to the old couture world.

zamb said:
well, one thing we know,

He is one of the last great great couturiers and we should enjoy him while he continues to work , as after him (and Karl) there is no more legitimate link to the old couture world.

TRUE THAT!!!!!:shock::(

zamb said:
well, one thing we know,

Very true and sad!:(

Emil said:

well it is sad because it didnt have to be this way............
i will say more on this later.

Emil said:

sad in a way, but not completely
styles change, fashions change, ppl and society change
it's nice to have new fashions have a chance too
couture's been dead for awhile IMO

BaroqueRockstar said:
sad in a way, but not completely
styles change, fashions change, ppl and society change
it's nice to have new fashions have a chance too
couture's been dead for awhile IMO
Yes i agree with that and i also think it has been dead for a while but not completly there are a few pulses like Lacroix and Alaia who still make clothes with that perfection.But yes generaly its dead and i think there is less interest from generation to generation.

Alaia is a total GENIUS! Enough said. Carine Roitfeld is said to have a legendary Alaia collection in her wardrobe. Her and her daughter, Julia, have been wearing a lot of Alaia to events lately. Looks totally hot!

alaia2.jpg

From 80s pants
Courtesy of Northstarvintage

vfgalaialabel2.jpg

found these and thought i should share them with you all

pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
ALAIAcreamdress.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]
ALAIAcreamdress_a.jpg
ALAIAcreamdress_b.jpg
ALAIAcreamdress_c.jpg
[/FONT]
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members