Azzedine Alaia - The All-Things Azzedine Alaia Thread

I_love_alaia
those are simply exquisite
! :heart:

I have been after a pair of Alaia
flats forever..but I am a 35 and I know he runs big so..:cry:

there is a show store in australia whoi knocked off those alaia laser cut booties ,who would have thought.. anyway they are very similar and only something like $150

there is a show store in australia whoi knocked off those alaia laser cut booties ,who would have thought.. anyway they are very similar and only something like $150

gasp :shock:

which store? where? :woot:

must...stalk....track...down... :lol:

I wonder if Cathy H. would present something of his work for next season, she mentioned that she went to his studio in her most recent post.

do his clothes run true to size?

I don't want to buy a skirt and find that it's too tight and then have to send it back, minus the customs fees. :(

I uploaded Azzedine Alaia Fall-Winter 2003 Prêt-à-Porter video. But it's a very short version...
Check my channel if you want to watch it.

Is Alaia ridiculously expensive a la Balenciaga?? How much would a standard pair of shoes and/or a dress cost?

^ alaia is very expensive. balmain is on par with alaia.

a basic high heel starts at $1500...i've seen some ballerina flats going for well over $2000.

Yes, Alaïa is
cheaper than Balmain..yes..there will always be some pieces that are equivalent, but
Alaïa is by far more reasonable priced, at least you can see what merits the price when you see a lazer cut patent and fur coat.

^ i didn't say they were comparable or similar in quality, just price. balmain is shiat.

but yeah in certain regards alaia is lower priced...the accessories definitely are comparable though. the balmain suede boot this season is $1600 and that's about what an alaia would go for. his handbags are insane, but completely worth it, they start at $2500.

a friend of mine got a simple cotton tube top a few seasons ago and it was marked down from originally $960 at barneys.

Found on andreschristensen.com

5 pages Korean Vogue May 2008

korea.jpg
black%252Bb.jpg

black%252Ba.jpg
black%252Bc.jpg

black.jpg

plz talk about the shoe stuff in the shoe forum!!!

all the flat shoes i've tried do. i am an 8 but a 6 1/2-7 in alaia

thanks very much for the response.^_^ i just bought a pair of HH sandals. the insole measurement seemed on target with the size, but we shall see. :(perhaps only the flats have such a discrepancy? fingers crossed.:flower:

I tried on Carine's patent coat last season.. it's just so full on glamour..... wow... to be that lady one day.... I think a coat like that can and should only be worn in Paris.:heart:

Tylw
: I have found
Alaïa to runlarge in shoes as well... such a shame for me..as I adore his shoes, there were even the cut out flats on ebay, but I just can't as they will not fit me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annejudy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->