Baby Phat F/ W 2004

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 17th, 2004 - 10:48 pm
this board ISdifferent
and this is a global community guys, so..
some terms may be used in ways that can be taken as 'politically incorrect'
from people that mean no 'evil'

And please do be tolerant of different cultures and keep the discussion on the collection.
thanks for your understanding :heart: :flower:
Yeah, I totally agreee.

This collection is, how can I put this, not very appealing..

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Feb 17th, 2004 - 5:30 pm
Everyone, peace, peace. Well have enough of that. :order:.
If I am in the wrong..I apologize sincerely. I read what Lena wrote- and it has been dutifully noted.

:flower:

Originally posted by onehotgrrl@Feb 18th, 2004 - 2:01 am
If I am in the wrong..I apologize sincerely.
no problems onehotgrrl :flower:

how did you find the collection?

Originally posted by softgrey+Feb 17th, 2004 - 4:55 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Feb 17th, 2004 - 4:55 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by onehotgrrl@Feb 17th, 2004 - 4:31 pm
Originally posted by Oria@Feb 17th, 2004 - 11:49 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Atelier
@Feb 14th, 2004 - 8:16 pm
Ugly, tacky and ghetto. It's better than Spring 04 but what on earth isn't. I suppose there is a time and a place for this (South Beach comes to mind) but the local XXI Forever can take care of those needs for 1/4 of the price.

Or is this tripe even in stores? The Baby Phat merchandise that actually sells is jeans, tanks and hoodies, right? And that stuff you can find at Marshall's or Ross marked down.

I certainly don't associate ghetto with this collection, in fact I have no clue what people mean when they say this :lol:

My opinion is if mostly Af/Americans buy the line--it's automatically called 'ghetto'. At least thats how the term is used on this board.

dude- :doh: you did not just say that!!! :o you are in so much trouble!!! :wacko:

do you even know how racist that was?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :yuk: [/b][/quote]
I will clarify and then leave this topic alone. If someone where to do a Search on the word 'ghetto' in this fashion forum- 9 times out of 10 it has something to do with rappers and/or the urban market. (Which some people on here equate with people of color- like myself.)

I hate that term 'ghetto' and cringe everytime it is used on here. Because I know to what context it is being used. It did not occur to me that Oria was from another country. I figured she noticed what I noticed when others called the collection ghetto.(BEFORE I brought it up.)

I should have rethought my response to Oria's statement. I saw nothing ghetto about her collection. But in other threads Kimora Lee has been called ghetto due to her attitude, or dress, or her background.

My first comment was completely sarcastic.

Originally posted by Lena+Feb 17th, 2004 - 6:05 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Feb 17th, 2004 - 6:05 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-onehotgrrl@Feb 18th, 2004 - 2:01 am
If I am in the wrong..I apologize sincerely.
no problems onehotgrrl :flower:

how did you find the collection? [/b][/quote]
To me I was a definite improvement on what she has done so far. But I was annoyed with her use of the Suhali LV.
Especially coming from someone like herself.

Originally posted by onehotgrrl@Feb 18th, 2004 - 2:09 am
Especially coming from someone like herself.
:blink: now what does that mean?
i have no clue who this girl is...

why do take for granted we all know the 'designer's' background?
she may be something in your part of the world but
she may be a complete nobody somewhere else :wacko:

^^Sorry Lena- she is LV's biggest customer in the United States. I couldn't understand why she would feel the need to knock-off Louis Vuitton so blatantly.

Originally posted by ahhGucci+Feb 17th, 2004 - 5:57 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ahhGucci @ Feb 17th, 2004 - 5:57 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Feb 17th, 2004 - 10:48 pm
this board ISdifferent
and this is a global community guys, so..
some terms may be used in ways that can be taken as 'politically incorrect'
from people that mean no 'evil'

And please do be tolerant of different cultures and keep the discussion on the collection.
thanks for your understanding :heart: :flower:
Yeah, I totally agreee.

This collection is, how can I put this, not very appealing.. [/b][/quote]
Yes, we are all a BIG family :smile:

About Baby Phat: Has its moments... But the gaddamn designers take wrong colors... and they can't coordinate the pieces with each other!!!!!

Originally posted by onehotgrrl@Feb 18th, 2004 - 2:19 am
^^Sorry Lena- she is LV's biggest customer in the United States. I couldn't understand why she would feel the need to knock-off Louis Vuitton so blatantly.
thanks for making this clear :flower:

Yick... those white furry boot things are horrid.

So that's where my neighbor's lost poodle went.

i believe theres actually 'ghetto' fashion which is fasahion inspired by ghetto life where people have their own sense of style which has actually inspired many designers
i usually like baby phat but in this case this is a bad interpretation of 'ghetto' culture

sociologically this is nothing new,
cultural 'tribal' styles have been there forever,
as an expression for a need to 'belong'

every style of fashion is 'tribal' from Rastas, goths, ravers,
down to surfers/skaters and the lux client clan.

we all belong in a way to one kind of a 'getto' or another. :P

Originally posted by eguana@Feb 18th, 2004 - 4:37 am
i believe theres actually 'ghetto' fashion which is fasahion inspired by ghetto life where people have their own sense of style which has actually inspired many designers
i usually like baby phat but in this case this is a bad interpretation of 'ghetto' culture
thank you very much equana for saying this, because this really helps me understand it. i know some do not like the term but i always like to be informed. my friend from harlem says she wouldn't wear baby phat if her life depended on it haha i had to ask her what it meant :lol: :P

Originally posted by onehotgrrl@Feb 17th, 2004 - 6:19 pm
Is she really LV's biggest customer in the US? Or is she one of the biggest?

Anyway, I agree about the "suhali". Definitly a poor move. But then again, Baby Phat knocks off of all the other designers handbags. Just look at their handbag collection. It's the same thing XOXO does :rolleyes:

^^^Not from Kimora's mouth- but from the mouth of Louis Vuitton's marketing VP, Heather Vandenberghe. She is there No. 1 LV customer in the U.S.

I would love to see what that bill comes too! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carluaz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->