Bailey On Ford

bailey was already with burberry in spring summer of 2003 i thought (this is him taking a bow at the end of the burberry show for spring summer 2003)

fine...maybe bailey didn't design the gucci look...but neither did tom ford... :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 10th, 2004 - 5:39 pm
fine...maybe bailey didn't design the gucci look...but neither did tom ford... :flower:
:rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 10th, 2004 - 11:39 am
:boxer: :lol:

bring it on.... :wink: B)

*pushes up her sleeves and laces up her yohji wresting boots...hahaha...

:lol:

Uh, does Bailey think he's announcing some well hidden secret? Ford made no attempts to hide the fact that he was a perfectionist and expected a lot out of those he worked with. I mean, what's the point of this, now that Tom's gone and essentially can't do anything about what Bailey says, let's expose the "real" him to the world that loves him so much......

Originally posted by Spike413@Jun 10th, 2004 - 6:26 pm
Uh, does Bailey think he's announcing some well hidden secret? Ford made no attempts to hide the fact that he was a perfectionist and expected a lot out of those he worked with.
:rolleyes:

come on spike, can you imagine how it feels to be working on a TF approved collection and just days before the show he starts getting 'weird'?
Did you already knew all that Bailey talked about?
Werent you suprised by the arrogant behaviour of TF?
Or was this 'normal' in your book?
I wouldnt like to work under an impossibly bossy artistic director
with minimal design knowledge

I could feel that Tom Ford was ego trippin but i was expecting him
to respect and work in tune with his design team ..yes, call me naive but
i wasn't expecting 'impossible' behaviour, not really

Originally posted by Lena+Jun 10th, 2004 - 1:04 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jun 10th, 2004 - 1:04 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spike413@Jun 10th, 2004 - 6:26 pm
Uh, does Bailey think he's announcing some well hidden secret? Ford made no attempts to hide the fact that he was a perfectionist and expected a lot out of those he worked with.
:rolleyes:

come on spike, can you imagine how it feels to be working on a TF approved collection and just days before the show he starts getting 'weird'?
Did you already knew all that Bailey talked about?
Werent you suprised by the arrogant behaviour of TF?
Or was this 'normal' in your book?
I wouldnt like to work under an impossibly bossy artistic director
with minimal design knowledge

I could feel that Tom Ford was ego trippin but i was expecting him
to respect and work in tune with his design team ..yes, call me naive but
i wasn't expecting 'impossible' behaviour, not really [/b][/quote]
Not really surprisig to me. Ford readily admits to being difficult, and I doubt that he's the only one in fashion who is. Also, there is a bit of skeptiscism on my part because it seems a little too convinient to hate on Ford now that he's gone. In my book, that's just beyond tacky. If it is true, which I really don't care about anyway, it was bad timing on Bailey's part.
Besides, even if at the time I may be upset with them, I would not want to be working for someone who didn't expect anything but the best from me no matter how difficult they may be.
I have personally never seen any arrogance on Ford's part, so until I do, I'm not going to go on what one person says, call it stubborn, but I need a little more then one person's say so to believe something.

It seems that many times arrogant behavior is accepted from celebrities/designers/actors etc. and is seen as a result of their 'artistic genius'. I think that's baloney. Being creative/talented is not an excuse to be a jerk. I am not saying that this is true of TF because I don't know him-I am speaking in general terms. What I will say about TF is that imo it is very unprofessional to ask the design team to basically redo a collection only a few days before it is to be shown. The Creative Director and the design team are supposed to work together as a unit from start to finish to ensure the best possible final product. :ninja:

Originally posted by stylegurrl@Jun 10th, 2004 - 9:41 pm
It seems that many times arrogant behavior is accepted from celebrities/designers/actors etc. and is seen as a result of their 'artistic genius'. I think that's baloney. Being creative/talented is not an excuse to be a jerk. I am not saying that this is true of TF because I don't know him-I am speaking in general terms. What I will say about TF is that imo it is very unprofessional to ask the design team to basically redo a collection only a few days before it is to be shown. The Creative Director and the design team are supposed to work together as a unit from start to finish to ensure the best possible final product. :ninja:
:clap: :ninja:

Well, Bailey got a lot out of it as well. It's not exactly a bad thing to have Gucci on your resume when Burbs comes a knockin'. Yeah, Tom Ford was difficult but I'm sure Bailey strengthened his skills when it came to those kind of pressure situations. It was a win/win situation...and at the end of the day, Bailey's still got a collection to design and Tom doesn't. Karma, anyone?

Originally posted by datura001@Jun 10th, 2004 - 10:45 pm
at the end of the day, Bailey's still got a collection to design and Tom doesn't.
:lol: :flower:

first there was "the devil wears prada"...do i smell a sequel, "the devil designs for gucci"?

tom and anna are good friends after all...birds of a feather...

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 10th, 2004 - 10:14 am
mmm...mikeijames...maybe you're just talking about the menswear...but in the womenswear i really don't see a comparison...and if anything...tom ford was just taqking credit for bailey's ideas when he worked at gucci...so it would be the other way around...wouldn't it...

lena...come on...did anyone really think that Miss Ford...DIVA that she is...would be anything but a b*tch to her employees...the queen bee often stings the drones who bring her food to survive ...you know... :wink:

but she IS charming when she buzzes about...isn't she... :P :wink:

:innocent:
:lol:

Agreed!!!!

I'm not surprised at hearing this now that he's gone. In fact,I expect more formers to be heard...and it doesn't look pretty for Tammy :rollseyes:

I don't know about you all,but even in interviews he bothered me. Almost as if one could smell the pretentsion and the arrogance. That soft-spoken demeanor always appeared fake to me and it was like listening to someone run their nails down a chalkboard

Originally posted by Spike413@Jun 10th, 2004 - 3:59 pm
Bailey's still got a collection to design and Tom doesn't. Karma, anyone?

Technically, no. Tom chose to leave, he wasn't fired.
Actually,it was already reaching the boiling point when PPR got involved and introduced to new terms of contracts... so yes in a way,technically it was bound to happen. Tom and Domenico weren't to have the run of the place anymore so there was really nothing else to do for Nazi-Tom. Sorry... :lol:

I don't feel one way or the other about either one of them, i just want to make the kind of cash they're making, for good or bad. Green's such a great color!

Originally posted by Lena+Jun 10th, 2004 - 4:23 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jun 10th, 2004 - 4:23 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-stylegurrl@Jun 10th, 2004 - 9:41 pm
:clap: :ninja: [/b][/quote]
TAKE A BOW... :flower: well said well said!

I find ALL the points made here ENTIRELY relevant .

To me , FORD was a figurehead , and a good one at that , for his skills in presentation and publicity , particularly his ' GOOD LOOKS ' , which personally left me cold , as ANYONE can leave open their shirt to the waist and wear perfectly fitting trousers or jeans with which to end his shows , calculated down to the very last ' back sack and ceack wax ' . :meow: :meow: :meow: ( Am I the only one to notice that he has wibbly - wobbly thighs !!!!!!! ) . :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

I've ALWAYS suspected that his ' design skills were negligable , as Christopher Baily is a REAL designer , you've only to look at his women's and men's collections for BURBERRY PRORSUM , SO much less self indulgent than Menichetti's work , successful as it was .

From FTV one only has to look at the shy and self deprecating way in which BAILEY makes an appearance at the end of his collections , so much the opposite of Ford .

Tom Ford , like ALL egotistical supremos with power , leeched off his design team and sent out the results as his own , to be lapped up by those in his thrall !!!

I feel that we will find with Stephano Pilati's first real collections for YSL Rive Gauche where the REAL talent lies !!!

Tom can stick to Hollywood and churn out schlock to end up with his films going ' straight to video ' , and I wonder who he will choose as his director's assistant . :unsure: David Lynch ? :ninja: :cry: :P

NUFF SAID :lol: :lol: :lol:

KIT , bitchy as ever !!! :meow: :meow: :meow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->