Tom Ford Talks Of Post Gucci Depression

Originally posted by mikeijames@Oct 11 2004, 12:19 PM
...what did suzy menkes write?
[snapback]393742[/snapback]​

yeah...i was wondering that myself...i'd love to see her article... :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 11 2004, 12:31 PM
yeah...i was wondering that myself...i'd love to see her article... :flower:
[snapback]393753[/snapback]​

PARIS A blue sky dawned at Yves Saint Laurent on Monday as Stefano Pilati followed in Tom Ford's footsteps at the famous but loss-making house. The menswear collection shown on the racks with all the discretion of a private club, offered a fresh take on Saint Laurent's slender, raffish personal image in the 1970s. Those iconic black and white photographs displayed at the entrance were backed up with serious clothes in light fabrics and subtle colors.
Pilati, 38, who worked with Ford for three years, looks like an asset for Gucci group, for his menswear collection hit the right modern note. Wearing a textured jacket and a multi-colored belt bought in Guatemala (and remade for YSL), Pilati said that he was aiming for a younger customer and wanted to interpret the Saint Laurent look without bow-tie conservatism, but with a sensitive palette. (Think lilac socks displayed with taupe Prince of Wales pants.)
Cut and fabric were Pilati's mantra as he joined this season's revival of the blazer, cut close to the body, with versions in sky blue cotton and textured silk. A blue blouson and striped poor boy sweater seemed Gallic, in a way that Ford never quite captured for all his panache and elegance. Pilati also referred to Saint Laurent's Marrakesh in dusty orange and tobacco brown, showing that he is embracing the heritage.

this is the only thing i could find even remotely bad about him in that timespan from her...i'm not really feeling that bad for him based on these like five less-than-nice words...but then again, it's hard to feel sorry for someone who's worth a quarter of a billion.

seems that we need to wait until tomorrow.. :(

I doubt that's it, I mean, come on, he may be cocky but he's not a total basket case that something like that would hurt him.

oh ..i agree spike...there must be something else...

but...it happens to everyone...this business it highly competetive and cut throat and full of insecure and superficial people...he should know that very well by now...since he's obviously beeen in the centre of it for many years up until recently...

they love you today and don't know your name tomorrow...you have to have a thick skin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->