Balenciaga Cruise 2025 Shanghai

Decade old plastic, no wonder it looks bad. I was wondering maybe it wasn't real ostrich feathers because it look so fake in motion. Real feathers look more sturdy and move more elegantly, that dress looks like it will fall apart at the of the night.

He literally turn Balenciaga's archived feathered gown into trash!

After all these years, the trick has worn out. It's as simple as that, Demna has been trying to use the shock value, but there's no shock when everyone expect ridiculousness from him. He also doesn't have that much to say and, to answer the question what's wrong with these looks, he doesn't know how to use oversize right, either. He's just blowing up the proportions in a random way to create more nonsense.
So every look is only about creating a trick? Yeah, each season has a few very extra and pompous items, I don't really mind them. But otherwise I feel, for example, that the looks I've linked are completely normal, stylish everyday clothes, either for the office or for more festive occasions.

I don't really agree on the randomness of the proportions. I own a few oversized blazers from the "Garde-Robe" line and tbh, I've never owned anything that fits so well. I've previously owned blazers in the same vein from, e.g. Ghesquière's BB, Galliano's Margiela, Raf Simons, Prada, Rick Owens, Boris Bidjan Saberi etc, but there's a reason I've sold them. But that's just me, I guess.

I find it super funny this is your first and only post
Yes, I'm a lurker. I feel that the discussions on this forum are often the best I've come across on the interwebz, but this blatant hatred of BB-related threads and the same arguments I mentioned earlier are incredibly tiring. I feel that that side can be brought out as well.

Yes, I'm a lurker. I feel that the discussions on this forum are often the best I've come across on the interwebz, but this blatant hatred of BB-related threads and the same arguments I mentioned earlier are incredibly tiring. I feel that that side can be brought out as well.
Completely innocent question - why do you refer to Balenciaga as "BB"?

I absolutely love some of these looks. Chic and sexy, effortlessly suitable for both older and younger people. However, I don't know which is more predictable - BB's current aesthetics or the endless hatred of this forum. The same points in every thread, Cristóbal turns in his grave, BB must be a social experiment, Demna is part of the pizzagate, etc. I ask out of sheer interest, what is wrong with those looks I linked, for example? So what would be better, Galliano's viral tricks at Margiela, which are mostly suitable for editorial photo shoots

It's simply all about the intentions behind Demna and Galliano are just totally different.
On one hand, you have John who is going viral for his focus on creativity, storytelling, and craftsmanship. For example, his last couture show went viral and felt more organic than any stunts Demna tried to pull recently. It success was a result of a collective of creative minds like John designs, Pat make-up, the set designer and the cast. Above all it was good clothes.
On a side note that collection was good, but it wasn't among the greatest of John's Margiela couture, I guessed since couture for the last couple of years has been a parade of expensive RTW, a spark of creativity is much-needed.
On the other hand we have Demna, who season after season tried to create ridiculous gimmicks just so people still talking about his designs. If the clothes are good (which I have no doubt, because after all he is a skilled designer), why not let them speaking for themselves? It just shows that he is insecure about the fact that nobody is talking about him without his stunts.

Someone needs to remind him that good clothes will sell whether or not they become viral.

I wonder if Cedric Charbit will be able to keep his job once this farce will end.
I really hope he doesn't.
I think he lost the magic once he stopped working with Lotta. I always felt that the way she styled his clothes felt closer to reality.
After the stopped collaborating, the vibe of the collection became so dark and angry without the sense of reality that she brought.
The look seemed cool and confident, Balenciaga girls/guys now dress like he/she has to prove a point to everyone in the room but ends up being the joke themselves.
Lotta was really the genius behind the appeal of 2016-18 Balenciaga, because she actually managed to retain an element of Balenciaga's classic femininity in the brand's image. When she left, Demna went really hardcore on the doomer streetwear element, which alienated a good chunk of the brand's older female clientele.

Prior to Demna's tenure, Balenciaga was one of the few brands that made significant revenue from their seasonal collections. Demna bloating the brand's offering with oversized sneakers and logoed pieces shifted those numbers by a lot.

I really hope he doesn't.

Lotta was really the genius behind the appeal of 2016-18 Balenciaga, because she actually managed to retain an element of Balenciaga's classic femininity in the brand's image. When she left, Demna went really hardcore on the doomer streetwear element, which alienated a good chunk of the brand's older female clientele.

Prior to Demna's tenure, Balenciaga was one of the few brands that made significant revenue from their seasonal collections. Demna bloating the brand's offering with oversized sneakers and logoed pieces shifted those numbers by a lot.
I wonder why Lotta left, another fight like Chemena's?

the looks I've linked are completely normal, stylish everyday clothes,
you already pointed out the problem. if he is not doing his oversized or foil/cellophane tricks he is making normal everyday clothes priced luxuriously. I can find all those clothes that you quoted in about any 2nd hand store just get them a few sizes bigger and the fit might even be better. so im not sure how stylish and fashionable they really are. Anyway who calls balenciaga BB, whos the other B?

I can find all those clothes that you quoted in about any 2nd hand store just get them a few sizes bigger and the fit might even be better. so im not sure how stylish and fashionable they really are.
Oh, alright. So Demna's production is not enough constant "fireworks and explosions". Chic and functional clothes with a little tiny twists here and there, that you could wear in your normal life are not enough. But then, when these "fireworks" are offered, from time to time, in potentially humorous and "surrealistic" ways, he's just doing gimmicks. "But I could get the exact fit from the flea market.. From Walmart.. We have Balenciaga at home". Sure.

whos the other B?
Balenciaga-logo-1917.jpg

For example, his last couture show went viral and felt more organic than any stunts Demna tried to pull recently.
Nothing against Galliano, but really, as you mentioned, the virality in this case didn't happen only because of the clothes. This was certainly strongly influenced by how eccentrically and very "not catwalk-like" the models walked, the whole grandiose theatricality and make-up that was as if tailored to be replicated for Tiktok's GRWM videos. But yes, different rules for those that are generally accepted. Since Demna's theatricality does not please the limited sense of aesthetics of some, his vision is terribly wrong.

We are counting the days!!
If this was the collection meant to decide Demna’s destiny at Balenciaga, then I think we can set the clock on and start counting the minutes.
But yeah, maybe you all should just really keep counting the seconds, minutes, hours, days etc. Then when something eventually happens, you can say "I told you so!!".

The clothes are a complete non event, as we're now used to. He needs a stylist or a counterweight to balance this drab cynical blobwear. even Berlin gays have moved on (havetheythough?).
The news here is the hair in a side part with a small swoop.
he must have been so happy with the rain.

when these "fireworks" are offered, from time to time, in potentially humorous and "surrealistic" ways, he's just doing gimmicks.
He is just not made for high-fashion. Im sure no one would say anything if he continued his streetwear "fireworks and explosions" in vetements. People would criticize it but not to the extent that they do with Balenciaga. Balenciaga is a heritage house and needs someone who has a deep understanding of couture techniques and dressmaking. Both of which, Demna has 0 knowledge of. He had the pulse of what was current when he started and he is still pushing for it until now, now at a time where everyone has moved on from that aesthetic. His techniques and tailoring cannot even be compared to Galliano's "gimmicks". Sure Galliano has had his own fair share of gimmicks but he back it up with his knowledge of couture. He can send a draped curtain on a model and it will be miles above the grandest silhouette demna could come up with.

The clothes are a complete non event, as we're now used to. He needs a stylist or a counterweight to balance this drab cynical blobwear. even Berlin gays have moved on (havetheythough?).
The news here is the hair in a side part with a small swoop.
he must have been so happy with the rain.
Maybe Carine, she's a big fan of him~
But the Vogue Paris Carine, not the bare minimum 'Givenchy doing' Carine

But yeah, maybe you all should just really keep counting the seconds, minutes, hours, days etc. Then when something eventually happens, you can say "I told you so!!"
You have a point, my wrong, I thought the suits would be more reactive in registering the complete non-event that said collection (and the following ones) was.
On a financial level, they might be right (even though Kering share value says another story).
On a creative level, I stick to my point: Demna has nothing else to say, his creative range dried up after three, four collections, the rest was just gross, duty free level, heavily logo-ed merchandise for fuccbois.
Chic and functional? Please....

who-knows-what-model-of-shoes-jin-kazama-wears-v0-ifinv2ll00mb1.jpg

Which Tekken character are you?

(Via Reddit)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"