Balenciaga Edition

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
Nicolas does the right thing,
it was about time, even though prices are a bit high for my budget
and i will need to start a "balenciaga editions" account asap...
i wish i could pre-order them all, without even having a look :blush:
there is nothing more beautiful and modern
than Cristobal Balenciaga originals.

Great idea from Nicolas G.
absolutely in tune with the current '50s vibe.

Nicolas Ghesquière: Back to the Future

By Miles Socha
PARIS — Nicolas Ghesquière, one of the most forward-looking designers of his generation, is having a flashback.
Although the Balenciaga designer has for years resisted the urge to visit the house’s vast and legendary archives, he recently took a dip. As part of his pre-fallcollection recently shown to retailers in Europe and the U.S., Ghesquière unveiled interpretations of six vintage couture styles spanning the years 1932 to 1968.
Carrying a special black “Balenciaga Edition” label, the archival looks are slated for July and August delivery to about 42 doors in the U.S., including Maxfield, Linda Dresner, Louis of Boston, Suzanne and the Balenciaga flagship in New York’s Chelsea district.
A Balenciaga spokeswoman said most of Balenciaga’s international clients, including Harvey Nichols in London, Maria Luisa in Paris and Isetan in Japan, bought at least some of the items.
The intricately detailed items, rendered in modern fabrics, are priced to retail from $695 for a top to $3,950 for a silk gown. Hang tags will specify the year and season of the original design by Cristobal Balenciaga, as well as other details.

from wwd

:cry: I doubt I will see even one piece of that in Australia.
Sounds amazing though.

Right on target! Though I'd prefer Cristobal originals, Nicolas G. hits the bulls-eye with this flashback collection. Instead of using the Balenciaga archives in one of his upcoming collections or continuing to ignore (I could say "waste"... ) them, he makes a special collection updating six couture styles ( :woot: :heart: ) and marking them "Balenciaga Edition". I can't wait to see these.

Balenciaga Edition
Spring/summer 2005 preview
green twill/viscose, buttoned, shoulder dress
originally from 1968, £330

:woot: adorable and affordable,
i bet those fly out of stores.. i would certainly buy

thanks for posting runner :flower:

i saw a beautiful dress at barney's yesterday...they bought two of the same dress-both sz 4......it was a little black dress..sleeveless with a 'bubble' skirt...
and the price?...$2,400.00...hardly 'affordable'
but it was lovely... far better than anything from the current balenciaga collection...\\FYI

I've just watched few of the Edition videos on Balenciaga website and I must say I'm really moved how beautiful those pieces (and the idea itself!) are :heart:

Are there any HQ shots of the clothes? I'd love to see them in a more detailed view.

Fantastic idea and perfectly executed, you ladies are really lucky sometimes.

I like the Édition collections way more than the runway ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->