Balenciaga Haute Couture F/W 2024.25 Paris

I found it interesting like one of those shows that are so weird and vile yet you can't wait for the new season. I feel like couture season needs a sprinkle of the weird amongst all the beaded gowns and minimalist cuts.

I found it interesting like one of those shows that are so weird and vile yet you can't wait for the new season. I feel like couture season needs a sprinkle of the weird amongst all the beaded gowns and minimalist cuts.
Yes but two wrongs don't make a right.

Something tells me he's about to leave - He's failed to come up with a new direction after the advertisement scandal and the market is very much oversaturated of his Balenciaga. Taste can be controversial but when you drape 50m of tulle around a body and call that both a performative art piece AND couture while at the same time saying you can only wear it once, it's painfully clear even to somebody not in the know about fashion that you are being fooled!

Demna truely is the Donald Trump of the fashion world.

From the Sublime to the Ridiculous There Is But One Step.” (Or really pointy shoe)

Yup, that about sums it.

Maya Rudolph is one of the most random guests ever
This is like a Black Mirror episode
Anna Wintour, Anna Dello Russo, Carine and Cathy Horyn all seem to love it based on their reaction

The only decent things are the butterfly masks, but they are just okay, not knockouts like PPP's Valentino or Philip Treacy for McQueen.

At first I was horribly annoyed, but I guess by the time the fabric piles showed up I was amused. My overall impression of the brand isn't great, but I can still find humor in his desire to irritate and grate people's nerves. All the safe couture stuff, even the good, just isn't resonating on any cultural level. Not sure if this does, but it tries.

I enjoy this. :ninjas:

Most of it is probably unwearable and some is quite ugly too, but there's something in the whole thing that intrigues me. He's trolling but I find the collection charming. Idk how to explain it.

He LOVES those Elastigirl style gloves…

A lot of the same ideas as the latter part of his Fall 2022 couture show from two years ago.

The Nicole Kidman tin foil dress, the Dua dress, the Michelle Yeoh Oscar’s dress. He is consistent I give him that.

I was about to call the fashion police, when I thought about all the wonders you can do by wrapping your body with a beautiful fabric of immense size and a little creativity and some good taste, not like a ball of course, I think there is a lot of poetry in draping a dress over your body. improvised by taking a wonderful fabric, like playing as a child or how to dress a doll without knowing how to sew.

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

None of this means nothing to me I don't care what they do or how they made it or anything like that I know it's well made there's some wonderful interesting things underneath but this is not interesting it's dull. Stiff movement. Dull colors. Laziness.

Celebrities guess at the show means nothing to me I'm only here for the ideas which he has none this took one year to put together one full year.

What would help him further along will be to look in the fantastic archives that they have but nope arrogance! Redundancy, and half-hearted idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->