Balenciaga Haute Couture F/W 2024.25 Paris

This collection feels, more than ever before, as a spoiled little child temper-tantrum made of fabric. He knows he is falling from grace and that his time is about to finish soon...but he is so egocentric and stubborn that he needs to keep trolling with his cheap Margiela (and other designers too) copies.

He clearly does not like being a fashion designer, he is here just for the fame and the money. He got the fame, he got the money...and now he has stopped pretending to be interested in fashion. No need to keep the farce going on.

This collection feels, more than ever before, as a spoiled little child temper-tantrum made of fabric. He knows he is falling from grace and that his time is about to finish soon...but he is so egocentric and stubborn that he needs to keep trolling with his cheap Margiela (and other designers too) copies.

He clearly does not like being a fashion designer, he is here just for the fame and the money. He got the fame, he got the money...and now he has stopped pretending to be interested in fashion. No need to keep the farce going on.
Still a really lucky position to be in though...no? Let's face it

After the child campaign scandal, he promised to go back to "making clothes" and then just reverted back to everything he was doing pre-scandal. It's very tired, very old and very boring. Some of the looks are fair, from an RTW view point. And while the contrast of simulated radio audio for the RTW collections was a cool contrast to the simulated guided meditation audio, that's not enough. Cut the gimmicks, design for the house- reference from house code, give us fashion - not this game.

Demna and Balenciaga have been ruined. They don't even include Balenciaga on the Quarterly Reporting, that's how bad they are doing. Very embarrassing. The legitimate celebs they've contracted as ambassadors to try and save the brand still aren't enough. Please reappoint the CD role of Balenciaga. We need someone new, as soon as possible.

Agree with every last word of this. He's acting out, and Balenciaga is collateral damage. Terrible.

The legitimate celebs they've contracted as ambassadors to try and save the brand still aren't enough.
A lof of their celebs are CAA with François being the boss there too, its good business and good for tax lol

Please reappoint the CD role of Balenciaga. We need someone new, as soon as possible.
Do we another Sabato or Sean? Can Kering afford to? Think they need to find someone suitable first before sacking him

Do we another Sabato or Sean? Can Kering afford to? Think they need to find someone suitable first before sacking him
So true. Will say, I like what Sabato's doing at Gucci, but we'll save that for another thread another time. haha

With the now limited offerings of CD's to go around with all the vacancies, we need a crop of new stars who've been designing and executing the work from within the ateliers. If they can afford Kim Kardashian & Nicole Kidman simultaneously, they can afford to figure it out. I would take Balenciaga Studio collection to skip having to deal with Demna any longer, honestly. Get him out!

This is so spot on it's not even funny (even though what you say kind of is lol). I've despised Demna at "hello" since his Vetements days and I thought back then he's an impostor. Every year he has only solidified my suspicions and his every collection is evidence that he is just there for money and fame pretending to be a fashion designer selling cheap gimmicks that every vapid wannabe eats up.

There's ugly, but then there's truly UGLY while you've thought you'd seen it all. Demna always convinces me that it can always be uglier. This is NOT fashion, this is exhibitionism.

Honestly, though, I'd love to read more of what people think could be a good replacement, because literally anyone could be a better replacement. The thing with Demna as well as a lot of social media fame is that their fan bases do not even care about whether or not someone has true talent, but they'd rather follow someone based on a cult of personality. That's the general issue not only with fashion, but with music, cinema and every creative field. People do not care about true talent anymore, they'd rather follow someone who is good at becoming viral. It's truly sad.

Cristobal's legacy cannot possibly be something easy to modernize. It's so rich, you need someone of extraordinary talent to find that balance. My bet is on Haider and can't think of anyone else.

Many people think that haute couture isn't relevant. So I think that it's perfectly logical that this 'burn it all down' approach gets traction.

I am not really invested in any of these conversations. Good for them or too bad, whatever. But I would appreciate if there were more stylistic U-turns, an element of surprise in fashion. This monotony in luxury is bad for keeping anyone interested. I assume. Maybe I'm dead wrong from an accounting perspective.

The Governance Team of the Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode :
  • Bruno Pavlovsky (President)
  • Delphine Arnault (Christian Dior)
  • Pietro Beccari (Louis Vuitton)
  • Francesca Bellettini (Saint Laurent)
  • Delphine Bellini (Schiaparelli)
  • Riccardo Bellini (Chloé)
  • Etienne Bourgois (Agnes b.)
  • Cédric Charbit (Balenciaga)
  • Anouck Duranteau-Loeper (Isabel Marant)
  • Catherine Jacquet (Lemaire)
  • Axel Keller (Dries Van Noten)
  • Elsa Lanzo (Rick Owens)
  • Pierre Mahéo (Officine Générale)
  • Séverine Merle (Celine)
  • Stefano Rosso (Maison Margiela)
  • Guillaume de Seynes (Hermès)
  • Sidney Toledano (Givenchy / LVMH Fashion Group)
These people are here to push the commercial aspect of Haute Couture so that they can sell more perfumes and bags. They are not interested in ushering in another "Golden Age" or in elevating the art form whatsoever.

Only someone like Sidney Toledano, given his history, is a person that would be passionate about keeping the prestige and history alive.

I see a lot of industry and business figures on the governance team, but nobody from a museum or a fashion school or any cultural body. Strange, non?
This may be the reason for what we're seeing so much craziness this needs to change but it's their way of marketing couture has become a way of marketing

Peter Copping being announced as Head of Lanvin makes SO MUCH sense as to why this collection was UTTER trash.

Everyone decent is leaving Balenciaga. Rats fleeing a Sinking Ship.
But I am glad he had to direct a full Couture atelier, I know a lot of workers there from their time at YSL Haute Couture and I am quite happy Copping and them were able to work and learn from each other.

The balenciaga web site has te collection on sale and the description of the items and prices are interesting,

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eyl278
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->