kimair

frozen
Reaction score
from wwd...

678u3b7.jpg

4l4s9b5.jpg
4ya0dio.jpg

6cxbrxw.jpg

No breezy little sundresses here. At Balenciaga, Nicolas Ghesquière is upping the luxury ante for pre-spring with rich embroideries, sharp tailoring and a dose of retro. A gold minidress, for one, is trimmed with rows of real coral and turquoise beads, while a three-piece wool pantsuit is a new, and très chic, look for the house.

close up of the footwear from style.com
balenciaga.jpg

Who but Nicolas Ghesquière could come up with shoes that would make both a warrior woman and Orlando Pita proud? For his Balenciaga Resort collection, the designer showed some downright fierce four-inch heels topped with what looked like fur but was actually flowing fake hair—the kind that's used for extensions. They left every editor in the room long-ing for a pair.
—Laird Borrelli

hmm.. i like the last dress but the 'shift' is fairly played out.. to the rest.. what the F?

Gucci anyone?

I dislike the plaid suit a lot...the rest looks kinda nice. The last dress esp. The shoes are awesome too, but only if the fur be removed, because that looks kinda weird.

This is a wet dream... Lately, I prefer Balenciaga resort over the fall/spring collections.

H&M is going to have a field day with this...

Hmm. Nothing looks too wonderful other than the minidress.

i dont know... imo definitely not as strong as past collections, i guess this feels very "referenced". i also feel like we've seen this so much lately, some already reminds me of h m. but i must say the fake hair is pretty sweet!

The shoes aren't going to be sold with the hair. You can tell it was just shoved in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hum ... apart from the fact that the first and last look are the only ones who look Resort-ish ... its good ... and yeah, as usual, I lust after the accesories

It's not bad, it's just not Balenciaga as I know it.

Love the shoes, that's about it.

not a fan of the clothes. that plaid outfit is terrible... sometimes I think nicolas just makes clothes so that the models arent naked with 20lbs of accessories on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->