Balenciaga Resort 2008

This is strikingly odd. It's just so commercial, so "luxe". I agree with tricot's feelings. It looks very Gaultier/Galliano/Dolce and Gabanna. Alas, it is resort after all.

This is dissapointing.

My first association to seeing the first outfit...Prada.
The plaid suit...Marc Jacobs. For some reason seeing these pieces makes me want to reconcile them with other designers. Balenciaga it is not.

Then again, what should one expect from Resort. It's more of a distraction while designers prepare for Spring.

Perhaps Guesquière is attempting to bring some color and vibrancy back to fashion. We saw the beginings of this notion with his last fall collection. Obviously the styling here isn't as nomadic as he may usually favor, but I do find something very Balenciaga about the glasses with the headscarves. The shape of the glasses like 70's grandma shades, but they're clear, it's very dark to me though I can't pinpoint why. I find it fits perfectly with the aesthetic of the house under Guesquière, albeit it's a new notion.

The purple blouse is undeniably Balenciaga, the sleeve is gorgeous.

Balenciaga has never looked so incredibly retro before. Very odd and very bad, imo. It feels so dated.

is there pics of whole collection???...

^^ There will be. :flower:

I don't like this very much... I haven't been liking Balenciaga for a few seasons now.

^Me too, Im flipping over the sequin minidress and those sick shoes:heart::heart:, dying to see more, Im hoping the spring collection continues on this theme!:D

To be accurate, the styling is pure 70's YSL not Dolce&Gabbana or Marc Jacobs (both heavily influenced by the former). Including the shoes, thank you very much.
This shows YSL is still relevant after all, and what's wrong with a little hommage once in a while, every designer does it....very wearable and in tune with the general street vibe.

The whole collection

00010m.jpg

00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg

00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg

00060m.jpg

00070m.jpg

00080m.jpg

00090m.jpg

00100m.jpg

00110m.jpg

00120m.jpg

00130m.jpg

00140m.jpg

00150m.jpg

style.com

And the last two. Love Suvi's dress :heart:

00160m.jpg

00170m.jpg

style.com

I definitely feel the retro wave of this resort and I love it, especially the sunglasses! :woot: :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely love it:heart::heart: especailly the first dress and the black and white floral dress on Irina and my favorite is Irinas final outfit, the beaded top is beautiful and the sandals are sooo hot!!!:D

Some of it just looks tacky and dated, but I like this better than I've liked Balenciaga RTW the past couple seasons. Maybe there's hope for S/S 08!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->