WWD Top 10 Collections Fall 2010

TREVOFASHIONISTO

Reaction score
1. Balenciaga
Nicolas Ghesquière delivered another nimble negotiation between his futuristic pursuits and reverence for the Balenciaga legacy.

2. Burberry Prorsum
Christopher Bailey showed exactly who’s in command with a powerful and sexy military-themed collection.

3. Celine
Phoebe Philo served up streamlined sportswear grounded in bourgeois staples and detailed with equestrian panache.

4. Chanel
Karl Lagerfeld created a winter wonderland with luscious faux fur, textured tweeds, gorgeous dresses—and a 270-ton iceberg.

5. Christian Dior
John Galliano explored English riding country with a savvy dose of London street irreverence and unencumbered sensuality.

6. Dolce & Gabbana
Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana saluted sartorialita—tailoring, Italian-style, all gorgeously crafted and refined.

7. Donna Karan
Marking her 25th anniversary, Donna Karan worked the romantic end of her range as well as standout tailoring in handsome coats and suits.

8. Marc Jacobs
Beautiful was more than enough as Marc Jacobs celebrated the great American classics, including his own.

9. Michael Kors
Michael Kors sent out a dissertation on pragmatic chic, underscored by relaxed luxury and womanly sensuality.

10. Prada
Miuccia Prada went slightly retro with her unconventional, conservative take on suggestive sex appeal.
WWD

I almost agree with this although Dolce & Gabbana and Chanel probably would be replaced with Haider Ackermann and Alexander McQueen

I don't want to start yet another 'how could they?' debate but seriously :lol:.. especially Kors.. of all shows.

I'd probably disagree with 70% of that list. It's a bit same, old same old. Why Chanel? And I'm sorry but Celine is kind of overrated. Really.

^ finally someone said it. i thought i was the only one.

i don't know what their lists normally look like but it's just listing the top brands really.

More or less just as random as Style.com's list.

Christian Dior :lol:

Is this a supplement? Are there pictures?

Agreed with Balenciaga, Michael Kors, Prada and Celine..

Chanel? Chanel? Chanel?

I know that some pieces form that show is mouthwatering, really beautiful. But as a collection and the message which is wanted to be told just doesn't work at all.

I also disagree with choice of Dior, Dolce&Gabbana and Balenciaga.

I actually think Kors did put one of his best show in years.

I only save Chanel,the others shows weren't that great after all :rolleyes:

Is this a supplement? Are there pictures?

theres an issue that comes out
every season..Maryna is on the cover its in her thread
but there were pics to this post on WWD but they were just
runway shots:flower:

What?? is Karl paying every "top collection" list around? it must be cause Chanel was horrible, fake giant fur looks? hideous shoes? oh heeeell no......agree with Marc, Celine, and a little bit with Burberry and that's it....

theres an issue that comes out
every season..Maryna is on the cover its in her thread
but there were pics to this post on WWD but they were just
runway shots:flower:
I figures that they would be runway shots, but I was wondering what they were selecting as the signature looks for the collections they selected. Thanks. :flower:

What?? is Karl paying every "top collection" list around? it must be cause Chanel was horrible, fake giant fur looks? hideous shoes?
Well I wish he would have bribed them over KL or even Fendi, I could get behind those collections making the list before Chanel-ook of the North collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dior? Dolce? Kors? Prada? umm I don't think so...
Definitely agree about Celine, Chanel, and my personal favorite: Balenciaga.

Not a big fan of this list. Ghesquière and Kors definitely belong on the list. Brilliant collections. But I vote no on Jacobs, I think. And the others are okay; Prada more so than others. I would like to have seen Gucci; I think Frida Giannini really produced something this year, in both women and menswear. And what about Ralph Lauren? Gorgeous.

^ I agree, Gucci was great this season...should of made the list!

I liked the Kors show but i know it's not his best. I'm happy it's on the list because i'm a fan though.

Agree with Burberry.....but Chanel? Sorry but no!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->