Balenciaga S/S 2009 by David Sims

I'm totally liking this ^_^ And I cannot wait for all the other shots to pop up. There are so many great girls in the cast this season...

Diana F confirmed that it's single shots in her own thread a while ago...

the ad seems really alien, out-of worldly

Elsa looks ok for me...
but i'm waiting for Kinga, Diana, Hanne-Gaby and Anabela!! Exiting!!!

Can't wait for Kinga's shot! But this one isn't bad too. I like the colors.

Since it's impossible to edit the names of all the models into the title I just left it like this. For a full castlist, see the first post.

The ad has that same strange atmosphere that the early science fiction films. Very clean, very angular, very simple. And that represents the collection very well as I see it as something the people in the thirties would have imagined people in the nineties wearing. Also, this picture perfectly underlines the relations this collection has with Prada S/S 08 as per shape and textile usage. Plus we finally have a nice view of the shoes....which turn out to be the weirdest things ever. They look like what a hybrid between a camel and a goat would grow from its legs. Not pretty....

Whoa....the ad is soooooo strange....so alien and otherwordly and futuristic....definitely so Balenciaga...but its definitely not wrong either..definitely better than last season's ads. I guess this is how Balenciaga people should look like...coming from another planet...so sleek...yet mysterious...are they going up the staircase? or coming from that green box? such a mystery.

I can't wait for Amanda Laine and Anya Kazakova's ads....they surely look like Balenciaga people...too bad Aline's not gonna be in the ads...or else she would've looked perfect as an alien...whatnot with those cheeks and weird face....

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks so mysterious, and it just attracts you when you are flipping through a magazine. I like it.:heart:

I don't like it very much. The background is interesting but it looks so forced.

I like it.
Setting and colors create some kind of strange mood I really like. And the fact that it is a single shot, with all this empty space, just adds to that mood.

I'm pretty sure it is Elsa...

Scanned by me from Vogue UK Feb.

I like it...it's so bizarre...so alien and Balenciaga...very sleek...misterious....like they landed here with their awesome clothes...I'm pleased with this.

Can't wait to see Hanne....she's the perfect Balenciaga girl for me

I already love the ads so much, that's excactly what I wanted! :woot: :heart: I thought they would play with the colourful lightning like they did at the show, but this mood is fantastic too, very mysterious and otherworldly indeed. Can't wait to see Anabela's & Diana's shots ^_^

It loks good, but I'm not blown away yet.

^ Same here. I have faith though, and Elsa looks stunning!

Truly brilliant, just perfect for this collection, thanks for the scans.

Elsa looks really good. That's a sensational image of her, you can't deny that.

Personally, I'm looking forward to a few other girls before Elsa, but I'll take what we can get at the moment.

I'm not blown away neither. I'm curious to see how the other shots turn out.
thanks for scans and snaps

Hmmm...definitely not what I was expecting. I don't know what to think yet.

I really wished that this campaign was like the SS 06 campaign. I had imagined all the girls lined up, and each of them with a different color light shining on them. I mean, Nicholas said the entire collection was inspired by the reflection of light and color and the runway show was so mind blowing because of the colored lights, so I would have thought that theme would have been translated into the campaign as well...it certainly would have been a striking image, all those colors making each girl red or blue or green or yellow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agetyuter
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->