Balenciaga S/S 2025 Paris

Of course, this is all true what you’re saying. But also please remember that there was no forums like this, there was no internet for just about anyone to trash him. He for sure never received the applause he deserved - and if you really were a buyer at the time, dont you remember that his company almost went out of business many times over?? It was a struggle! Why do you think he sold it in the end to creepy Diesel people?!?
many brands struggled many times margiela was a small brand for in crowd people in the know galerist people in art worn it etc you did not want people to know what margiela was but those that knew knew what is stood for. etc

sounds all cringe now but that was the way back them people where more discreet it was more naive in away.

fashion was cultist and margiela was a even smaller cult

that's way peobe and all these people tap into it because i stood for intellectual and anarchist punk but in very european calvinist way of not showing off but you did more discreetly to those that know.

its ok i just had different upbringing with wearing margiela to college etc and who wore it around me ..it was not odd to have a proffero have a margiela knit it was not odd or see a architect in his sneaker on the weekend similar to prada it was code for certain circles .

i loved the brand so much back then had so many pieces , i would not wear it today though it lost all its allure since bought by diesel i stopped

no ones gonna swoon over oversized puffer and t shirt in 15 years... same cant be said about margielas work.

What's the tea on stylenotcom not being invited to the show? It's the only A-list show he does not cover...
Some beef like Dolce & Gabbana with Anna Dello Russo and Giovanna Battaglia?

Can see he's caught up with the baby shrunken tee trend. Also I guess that's what Romeo has been working so hard on after quitting football LOL

Great set and music, shame it’s wasted on this and the casting.

It’s all just embarrassingly corny now. It’s veered into caricature of a caricature, a student with their head stuck so far up its own **** all it sees is its own bullsh*t with their peons eating it up too without giving any decent criticism or feedback. Like what’s the point? Design wise it’s hardly even doing anything or pushing anything. All surplus to Demna’s own existence of wanting to be liked and viewed as the best. No wonder the brothers ram heads, their poseur egos are that similar they’ll always be in competition.

Ah well… it’ll court those that lap it up and it’ll get the same critiques and accolades like all other collections have been getting for the last few years of seasons. One giant mobius strip with the same feed back loop. How depressing.

Vogue's landing page blurb about Demna embracing his inner child has me SCREAMING

What a s*** collection. At some point this has to stop, right?

Why do we exist in a world where this vision of Balenciaga is tolerated…especially by luxury consumers?
can you define luxury consumers? as long as there are people who are willing to pay crazy amounts on this nonsense and planet polluting crap in order to feel exclusive and cool, it will work for balenciaga. i actually still think it's genius. no sugarcoating, no high craftsmanship, just blatant money-mining.

they need britney to do the campaign for this collection.

can you define luxury consumers? as long as there are people who are willing to pay crazy amounts on this nonsense and planet polluting crap in order to feel exclusive and cool, it will work for balenciaga. i actually still think it's genius. no sugarcoating, no high craftsmanship, just blatant money-mining.

they need britney to do the campaign for this collection.
They can just use this as the campaign image:

Easy, shocking and cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacopo999099
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->