Ballet

Any one know what brand of ballet clothing the Kirov dancers use when they practice? I want to wear it when I take ballet :lol: :lol: :lol:

i did ballet for 3 years i gave up the week before the teacher told everone they were going to go on pointe

Not a fan of en pointe I take it? It's very bad for your feet as well without the proper asthetics, I can understand why. Were there any other reasons?

maybe. the girls didnt like me. because i was the best dressed...they thought i was stuck up.

and so i got into latin and ballroom

Does Repetto sell ballet slippers? Not flats...like split sole and stuff. Not pointe shoes :smile:

i did ballet for 3 years i gave up the week before the teacher told everone they were going to go on pointe

i used to beg my ballet professor to advance me into pointe lessons. :cry: when he finally agreed that i was ready, although very young, i felt like the coolest ballerina on tha' block. :wink:

^ thank you. :blush: i was so enthusiastic about dancing on pointe. i didn't care that it would ruin my feet. :lol:

en pointe hurts.. it's taken the skin off my toes many times! (luckily i still have nice feet! :lol:)

Do you still dance now? :smile: I think it's wonderful you danced en pointe. :D

i graduated from my ballet school and never went on to teach or to dance professionally. i was tempted to apply to juilliard, but never did. i just didn't feel that i was good enough. but i still dance... in my room, with my friends, at clubs. :lol: i still have my pointe shoes, they are safely stored in my old pink ballet bag with my black leotard and my flamenco skirt.

^ me too... some years ago i was about to take the exam to get in La Scala, but i guess i was too afraid of not get in... now i quit and feel so desperarte... all my pointe shoes and the tutu are in my room i just love to watch them

^ i know how you feel. sometimes, i look back three years or so to when i could have gone straight from high school and to juilliard and i regret not having at least given it a shot. :(

Two weeks ago i went back to my previous ballet company after years of break. I enjoy it a lot and it seems my body didn't forget much. :blush:
I think it's never too late to start or restart ballet.
(Except you want to be professional. :P)

^ i've been tempted to find a dancing school in the area and return to take some adult classes, just because it's healthy exercise, but i've been looking for a dance school that offers flamenco for adults, not ballet.

Flamenco dancing would be fantastic. 8-) I wish I could do it. It's sad to hear that you put your shoes away and flamenco skirt, but I'm sure the time will come again when you can do it more. :smile: It's wonderful exercise and I still love it, so I very encourage it! :wink:

I'm looking for more ballet schools in my area too. I don't know if there are any for a friend of mine who would like to start at 17.

^ i'm sure there has to be start lessons for adults. check online!

and i know. :( sometimes i pull them out and am so tempted to put them on and stomp around my house!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->