Annoying red mark above lip.

Kimbyanne

Reaction score
Hi,

Since like, November last year I have had this really annoying embarrassing red like rash above my top lip. It kinda looks like I have smudged my lipstick or something.

When I eat anything hot, it goes BRIGHT RED. Its so embarrassing, I think it is chapped lips due to the cold weather but it just wont go away. I have had it before and I just used blisterex and that sorted it out. But now it is still here.

Its not too bad at the moment, you cant really notice it anymore, but it just keeps coming back.

Anyone got any tips on how to get rid of the dam thing or what it might be.

My mum say it might be because when my lips get dry I tend to like lick them, or put my bottom lip on my top lip, if you understand me, and that I may have made it sore. Could this be it? :cry:

yeah i get the same thing!! its like a red line above your top lip,sumtimes mine goes puffy 2.Its really annoying,i only get it sometimes but yeh it dus luk like ive smudged lipstick.

I put vaseline on mine,and it goes then.It only comes up sometimes but wen i put vaseline on it goes away.

Oh, thank god, I am not alone. Lol!

Mine wont seem to go. It went once, but now it just wont. I think it may be due to the cold weather I dont know.

I will try vaseline thanks!

Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour creme is a miracle worker for many of these types of things..so if you have that you might give that a try :flower:

Kim, I think what you, along with the others are suffering from is a coldsore. they are very basic, easy to take care of, and if you go to any drugstore, they have products designed specifically for this - helps to get rid of the current case, and prevent in the future, as well. this stuff is in the same aisle as the kanker sore medication would be, as well as anbesol or oragel. good luck, I hear they can get painfull if left unattended.

nah i dont think it is a coldsaw,i had 2 last year and thats the only 2 ive ever had,ive got like a scar ,red circle where it was like its scared.

so i dont think its a coldsaw as its like a red line going all the way across the top lip.i may be wrong though.

laura4eva said:
I put vaseline on mine,and it goes then.It only comes up sometimes but wen i put vaseline on it goes away.

My brother has the same problem because he sucks his lip, if you use vasaline like Laura says it should work. Just pile it on repeatedly!!:D

doesn't sound like a cold sore but if there's any possibility it is, be really careful where you put your mouth (cold sores are caused by the same virus that causes herpes).

yeah,i get it nearly all the time when i work out,because my lips go really dry im always sucking them and lickin them,and thats when it cums up.my lip feels like its touchin the sky!! its horrible.but ya vaseline is my treatment :D

Regardless of what it actually is, put Scar-Proof Polysporin on it. It will moisturize just like Vaseline or whatever, but it will also kill whatever bacteria might be involved in the redness. If it is heat sensitive, that means its either infected or the skin is irritated due to licking your lips or something along those lines.

Thanks Location: Sheffield, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura4eva

This worked wonders. Its all gone.

Am I the only one who has this in 2020... oh well. Just in quarantine.

I've had this red mark above my lip for almost 2 weeks. It looks like I have large lips and yes, it does look like smeared lipstick. I think it's just from cold weather, that makes your lips very dry. When I wake up in the morning, it has cuts and peels of skin but it is not that red in color. Throughout the day, it looks hideous and very red.

Tips:
1. Do NOT lick your lips. It makes it more dry and will tempt you to lick it more.

2. Try to avoid spicy foods. It burns your lips.

3. Wear Vaseline or any other kind of petroleum jelly like Blistex after 3-4 hours or when you feel like your lips are not moist. Vaseline is especially effective when you wear it at night. Also Vaseline is a lot better than chapstick because it is actually a petroleum jelly and heals a lot better. In my opinion, I think it stays on your lips for longer time.

Hope this helped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->