Balmain F/W 10.11 Paris

Maybe it's not what people like in Balmain, but for me the best was the F/W 2007 collection...

uhm... strong shoulders still? never seems to die eh? :lol: i love the magenta coat on freja. the print and length is fantastic and molded with power shoulders -- perfection! the purple beaded minidress on Sasha is pretty nice too though it reeks of reminiscence from seasons past. i'd love to love this collection though i see so much of Decarnin's past works that despite the nice appearance of the pieces, I don't seem to like it all that much. And the gold long dress on Anna's tacky.

I wonder if someone will find Balenciaga and Prada and this,since everyone does that on this forum :lol:

It´s better than last season but not spectacular.
Some short dresses are nice, also the business Look is nice but that´s it.

For me, Balmain's strength is in its blazers and Christophe did not disappoint because the blazers were fabulous. Some of the dresses were short and sexy, as per usual. The other pieces were horrendous, also not surprising. So, this collection gave me everything I was expecting.

Fall 09 Was Perfection... I Loved Every Single Piece... But This Is Just So Boring :(

I think moaning about shoulderpads going on for more than a season, or two, as if that's boring, is pretty ridiculous, TBH.

Shoulderpads aren't, historically, a fly-by-night type of fad - the last time they were in, they were in from the late '70s through to the early '90s; so about 14 years!

Albeit that the shape and size varied during that time.

Every jacket and coat and almost all tops had shoulderpads added, just as a matter of course.

In the case of very basic trends, such as shoulderpads, they shouldn't just be switched on and off again, randomly; they should reflect the ongoing zeitgeist of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the minidresses and the sort of Boho, Pete Doherty meets Louis XIV looks, but the long dresses are doing NOTHING for me. Balmain/Decarnin is very one note, but pop tarts and edgy actresses keep snapping up the collections left and right and the Queen of French Fashion herself subscribes to this "takes a lot of money to look this cheap" aesthetic, so he's obviously doing something right. :P

Well, he didn´t change the world of fashion or move it into a groundbreaking field, it´s true, but I enjoyed it, this are clothes for women who wanna have fun and catch everyone´s attention, when I think of Balmain nowadays I think of frivolity, in your face, retro looking clothes who carry a certain level of attention to detail, in that sense he delivered succesfully.

im sorry but I love this
i think its a suttle new touch that
Christophe has added to the brand
im glad he is using different colors besides just blacks, reds and other neutrals

The only piece I like is that fur (I think it's fur) magenta jacket.

are you sure the pics are new? cos ive seen this more than once... :rolleyes: last season, season before that....

It's all tacky and there's nothing new. I thought I had liked it but of course I don't haha. I have to see the whole thing to give an opinion but wtf, so far not good at all

Tight Short shiny.... Really can we see something new.

I love a good Signature but this is really getting underwhelming.... seen it already now show me something new or at least develop it....
i was excited for this show.:unsure:

2rzbd6g.jpg
35lu5xs.jpg
161ao21.jpg
b9iy43.jpg
zlqgt2.jpg
fka1cg.jpg
24x44k7.jpg
23vkx8w.jpg
mv2c1f.jpg
ifr3hy.jpg
2ahslsm.jpg
xbjpqo.jpg
10ghelt.jpg
2b4rxe.jpg
v3egb6.jpg

catwalking

Balmain tackiness is already way too tiring for me.

The only pieces in this collection that are acceptable are the coats and jackets since they do not run that much of a risk in the tacky department . The rest ... horrible .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->