Balmain F/W 10.11 Paris

i LOVE the suits
and so happy that the shoulders are still in
is that brocade i see??? perfection

but i have to say i think it s the same as the other seasons just done a little less dramatically

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the (Cavalli-like) baroque coats and some jackets.

Other than that... :sick:

He is just keeping his rich buyers entertained, nothing new...

I only cared for some of the suits, the only thing I really covet is that magenta printed blazer. Everything else just seemed to much like the past seasons.

I think moaning about shoulderpads going on for more than a season, or two, as if that's boring, is pretty ridiculous, TBH.

Shoulderpads aren't, historically, a fly-by-night type of fad - the last time they were in, they were in from the late '70s through to the early '90s; so about 14 years!

Albeit that the shape and size varied during that time.

Every jacket and coat and almost all tops had shoulderpads added, just as a matter of course.

In the case of very basic trends, such as shoulderpads, they shouldn't just be switched on and off again, randomly; they should reflect the ongoing zeitgeist of the time.

that is almost ancient history at this point...
fashion ( and the whole world ) is SO much faster now...
for all the obvious reasons - internet, media, etc...

so we have fads more than trends...

in nyc i see almost every girl wearing the same thing one weekend....
and then suddenly, it's just gone....
everyone has moved on...
just like that- all at once...

you can just tell this, even if you didn't already know, by reading everyone's reactions here...

the market demands NEW NEW NEW all the time now!...
it's def different than in years gone by...and a little ridiculous too...

i agree about the ridiculous part...
but it's just a sign of the times imho...
B)

the whole collection looks quite pretty from far away all together like that...
the colours and prints are very lovely...
of course- close up, it's just terrible...
worse than cavalli!!!
:ninja:
what i find especially inexplicable is the very LOW waisted trousers...
what is wrong with this guy???...
does he think anyone over 15 yrs old wants to wear pants this low?
what year is this...?...is britney spears on the charts?...
doesn't he know that we have all moved on???
:unsure:

Decranin is going to be in love with One girl and one girl only, you cant blame him for having a point of view.

And that girl- or, should I say, woman- looks an awful lot like Carine Roitfeld from where I'm standing. :innocent:

I feel like he didn't even try with hair and make up. Hate Sasha's dress too... the only thing I'm liking is the big fluffy coats.

the whole collection looks quite pretty from far away all together like that...
the colours and prints are very lovely...
of course- close up, it's just terrible...
worse than cavalli!!!
:ninja:
what i find especially inexplicable is the very LOW waisted trousers...
what is wrong with this guy???...
does he think anyone over 15 yrs old wants to wear pants this low?
what year is this...?...is britney spears on the charts?...
doesn't he know that we have all moved on???
:unsure:

I would give to you karma if I could !! ^_^

I can't say I don't like it. I fell in love with this some seasons ago and it's still something for me :heart: (Okay, some looks are a little too much... and I will never ever like this huuuuuge necklines. The only thing they do is deforming body's proportions). I'm only disappointed, not very surprised though, it's again the same. I like it, but it won't take long till it starts to bore me completely. This is something what is trendy in commercial stores now, but I'll probably get totally sick of this when I'll see the same on the shop shelves for S/S 10. I mean, those who like this look already have Balmain - inspired pieces in their wardrobes. I wish the brand could give us reasons to get inspired again!

boring as hell. you could mash up all of balmain's last collections and i could not tell the difference, i swear.

and ALSO, it'll come with a very very expensive price tag. balmain should seriously reconsider this 'signature style'

i feel like i've seen each and every oufit many times before...

theres nothing wrong with this.
its very balmain, very young.
and i die over the coat on freja everyone keeps mentioning.

Umm...He needs to do something new.

He's way too predictable and its actually starting to get ugly. Like, yes, you like shoulders, you created that trend, now pleaseee, move on.

NEXXTTTT

decarnin needs to take some time off. maybe he and emmanuelle should take a long trip, rest their minds, find new inspirations... all these tiny shiny dresses, military jackets and leather pants are not a new take on the same concept, neither they're just a signature. they're pure and simple repetition, it's just the same thing, exactly. and she ends up repeating all of this in her vogue paris eds... i'm so tired of it.

Oh my... :ninja: I have no idea where to start!

Why Christophe, why? :cry:

At first I thought I wasn't going to like it, but after seeing the full collection I like it a lot more.
There is some very strong pieces, which look outstanding to touch. Totally loving the fur and prints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->