Balmain F/W 2019.20 : Cara Delevingne & Olivier Rousteing

This looks good, but is he gonna be in ALL the Balmain campaigns now?

not 100% sure this is the fall campaign, this is from her handbag campaign/video shoot dating 3 months back

Olivier adds nothing to this & still don't really get Cara for Balmain.

For his millions of followers that dream of wearing his brand of fashion and being his BFF, he probably adds a lot to the campaign.

A fashion campaign now more than ever, is about connecting with their demographic.

This campaign is just as pretentious and egotistical as Olivier Rousteing is. A total flop of a campaign, and throwing Cara Delevingne into the mix just makes matters worse (who honestly feels like such a throwback nowadays).

Him being in the campaign is far more tolerable than him shooting it for me. Of course it's an awful shot too, it's Balmain. This is the same HF brand that sell weaves. You want to talk about boxers at Balenciaga, Lola lol, let's talk about the weaves at Balmain.

This is my point of star/celebrity designers using themselves to sell bags and blouses. Will their audience still connect with the brand if they don't see him? Balmain was on such a high after that H&M collab and played their cards right for a while. They got this new handbag line which I believe is selling well, they've since launched couture. I get Rousteing wants to make himself indispensable, but I'm not sure whether this is good for the brand itself.

The problem is not Olivier on the campaign...It’s what he has done to his face....
His ego isn’t bigger than some designers who pretends to be humble... Believe me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->