Banana Republic Bloomsbury

Well I decided to buy the bag and am very pleased with it!!! It has been nagging me all week. I went back to Toronto (downtown) today and looked in all the boutiques on Queen and Younge...I went into Holt Renfrew and nothing grabbed me the way this Banana bag did. I love the soft leather feel and as much as the tassels can be too much, it also makes it unique and not the similar to what everyone is carrying around (I say this now but watch when I start class in the next couple of weeks I may run into someone with the same bag!).

I read in a past issue of Vogue that a designer for Marc Jacobs works for the Gap now then today @ Banana the sales associate who helped me out said the lady (don't remember her name) designed the Bloomsbury line. Quite good. I looked at the shoulder bag one w/ the zippers and it was nice (cheaper) but did not grab me and did not have as much space. The long and short of it, I was in love with the bag and I had to convince myself on other bags when I was doing my bag shopping, whereas with this bag I did not, it was instant...until I heard the price :smile:

I just bought the black continental wallet and I love it!!! It feels so awesome. I don't like the pink or the camel too much, they look less expensive IMO. I do like the purple berry color, though!

The larger bag is not available on the web site anymore...@ least when I check it. Hmm I was debating on getting the matching wallet, they are nice aren't they? Too bad there is no Banana Republic where I am moving but the US border is right across the way so perhaps I can come there and pick it up..it would be cheaper too I imagine :P

the new banana republic bloomsburies

hello all you hand bag lovers out there. while i was still basking in the happiness from FINALLY getting my LV speedy (those of you who know me know what im talking about :rolleyes: ) oh my gosh i love it! i was going to go down to a boutique down in beverly hills and i called prior. i asked them if there was any way for them to check and see if they had one made in france or could possible order one from a french boutique and have it shipped over, and i would pay the shipping ocsts of course, they rudely told me they dont do ANY special orders and couldn't help me. it wasn't the fact they, okay, they couldn't do what i wanted, but the attitude the girl had from the boutique was appaling! you'd think a request like that could be arranged...bhaa! bad representatives!:angry:

anyways...what this topic was going to be about was the new sold out banana republic bloomsbury pocket tote. i was a browsing ebay and stumbled across it! its gorgeous! so of course i bought one, for a tad more than retail....but its huge! and leather! and super cheap considering the quality! has anyone seen these yet? or own one? i must say im on a bag spree this week. i just bought a suede shoulder satchel for school from coach, received my LV speedy :smile:woot: :lol: ) and ordered this banana republic bag. i know a lot of you will remark on the similarity between mr. marc jacobs....but anyone like it? i think its a nice fall bag and not too littered with trendy gatgets or logos of whatever. just had to let you know!:rolleyes: i'll post a picture below.

i JUST saw it...
how odd...

it's fairly amazing i think...
can't believe it's banana...

did you get the double pocket with the cords hanging down?...
i think that's the best one...
it's gorgeous...

very MULBERRY though...:innocent:

yep...that's it!!...

that's a really good freaking bag!!!...:woot:

yah! i bought the biggest one, (of course! :wink: it comes in two other sizes and a smooth leather style without the pockets....but me personally, i want the biggest bags. i dont see any point in spending good money on something i can only fit my darn wallet in! small bags aren't for me! but i cant wait till i get this! im waiting and should have it early next week.... :smile:

here's the medium one....not as gorgeous as the bigest one but still VERY nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
its sold out and i called BN and they aren't going to have any more until mid october. its selling all crazy on ebay right now...yikes!

I am an employee of Banana Republic and it's so exciting to finally have some good bags as I am definitely a purse addict:smile: This line is going to be in the stores through the holiday season, so hopefully all who want one will be able to get one!

how heavy is it? it looks really heavy. that is such a turnoff

thanks for posting pictures as the ones that were linked weren't working.

Personally, it's not my style, but it's odd because I saw someone with it and didn't know what it was, but thought that it was quite nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->