Belstaff F/W 12.13 : Ewan McGregor, Janis, Karmen, Maud, Ymre & Ben by Craig McDean

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
Facebook/Belstaff

Attachments

• 314031_262337353876810_1518673058_n.jpg
    314031_262337353876810_1518673058_n.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 98
Looks nice!
The female models are Ymre, Karmen and Maud Welzen?

WWD.com:
HOME SWEET HOME: “We wanted the images to feel like paintings, and to create our expression of an English brand,” said Martin Cooper, Belstaff’s chief creative officer, of the photos shot by Craig McDean for the brand’s first ad campaign. The fall campaign features Ewan McGregor alongside models including Karmen Pedaru, Maud Welzen and Ymre Stiekema, hanging out at Goodwood, home of the Dukes of Richmond & Lennox and the site of the Festival of Speed, an annual motor sports extravaganza. The mansion, which is more than 300 years old, houses paintings by Van Dyck, Canaletto, Stubbs and Reynolds, and sits in the Sussex Downs, in southeast England. McDean, working alongside stylist Karl Templer and under the creative direction of Laird + Partners, has re-created the grand and very formal feel of those color-drenched works, and his images have a touch of chiaroscuro to them. The campaign will break in September magazines.

Have they been advertising from season to season? When was their last campaign? I feel like it has been a while since I have seen one from them.

Anyhow, I like the pictures. There is something very Victorian about the last two. Definitely painterly.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is stunning, very rich and the casting is very good! Ymre Stiekema, Maud Welzen and Karmen Pedaru.

Nice to see them doing ads again and I really want to see more.
Right now looking like the advertising imagery that Etro have been putting out for a few seasons.

Ewan McGregor & Ben Hill with Karmen, Ymre & Maud, I'm so happy for that! :woot:
this is a nice start!

This is so good. Great cast, great looks, well done Belstaff.

It's not their first ad campaign! Probably the first one shot by Mcdean... I remember Steven Meisel has already shot some campaigns for them, which were quite good by the way. This one seems to be promising as well.

Aside from that one picture which looks too dark, this campaign is so great. Atmospheric, opulent and very pretty.

I just see a group of people all dressed up for outdoors but seemingly too scared to actually go out into it, hanging around inside until that light shower passes over - because what would happen if their scooters should get wet, god forbid.

It's not their first ad campaign! Probably the first one shot by Mcdean... I remember Steven Meisel has already shot some campaigns for them, which were quite good by the way. This one seems to be promising as well.

yep you're right there are some campaigns listed here with models like Lara, Isabeli, Anja, Hilary, Maryna ....etc. even the great Meisel S/S 2008

so i really don't understand wwd with the "first" thing, even if they meant, the first by mcdean, its a lil strange, imo :blink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashiongloss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->