Rag & Bone F/W 12.13 : Kate Moss by Craig McDean

HeatherAnne

Reaction score
1ggm05.jpg

Rag & Bone is proving you actually CAN go back home, and is opening its first London store location. David Neville and Marcus Wainwright, both Londoners by birth, will open the doors on their new location in Chelsea this Thursday, WWD is reporting. In another first for the brand, R&B shot its first-ever print campaign, which features Kate Moss. If you’re going to do an ad, go big or go home, we say. Kate’s a perfect fit for the brand, and now we want to wear a white tee and black leather shorts with a leather trench, even if we know we will never, ever look like that.

The spot, shot by Craig McDean, “wasn’t in a studio; it was just them on a derelict London street — Kate with minimal makeup, and Craig with a handheld camera and natural light,” Wainwright told the trade.
fashionista.com

Last edited by a moderator:
rb-moss-sized.jpg

Being British, Rag & Bone’s David Neville and Marcus Wainwright are particularly pleased to be opening their first store in London. They’ll show part of their upcoming Spring collection in the new space in September, after putting it on the runway in New York, of course. Today, they’ve released images from their Fall collection campaign, which marks another first for the duo. Playing up their roots once more, they hired fellow Brits Craig McDean and Kate Moss for the images, which were shot on a derelict street in Kentish Town, North London, with McDean working a handheld camera in natural light and Moss wearing minimal makeup. “Kate’s got this effortless quality about her, in her personal style and her attitude,” Wainwright says, “and that really translates… especially in the shot of her smiling.” Style.com has a first look at the photograph, here.

—Nicole Phelps

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, really, who better to represent Rag & Bone than the ultimate rock chick?

FINALLY! HALLELUJAH!!!!
This is really great, urban and modern ver NYC kind of style!
Finally a real campaign not the previous ads with bad candids, that were an excuse for a fashion ad campaign!

Wow, I like that even though they've hired a hugely famous model and photographer this time that they're still staying true to their motto of representing raw and natural beauty and cool street chic. This is awesome, Kate fits the brand so well and I love both images.

Love what Craig McDean's done here!! And of course, KM is perfect for this campaign.

Perfect, just Kate being the awesomeness that Kate is.

She's smiling :heart: Lovely campaign. Finally a decent one.

Just when I thought her career is over, she excel on this one! I love it.

this is just so stunning! they styled kate wonderfully, pretty much what she would wear anyway!

I cannot forgive how distorted the legs are in that full length picture. :huh:

yay, i loved this collection and kate gives it a carefree and easy spirit to the clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odel2233
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->