Best pressed powder

so I ordered the Prada powder from Saks (thanks Hipkitten) and shipped it to my friend in the states. When she landed in Stockholm a couple of days later one of her three bags were missing and OF COURSE my powder was in that bag. ARGH!!! Luckily she got the bag back just the other day and I'm seeing her tomorrow so I will FINALLY get my Prada powder... YAY! Will report back..

(plus I heard it comes in a leather case, is that true?)

Swede_ said:
so I ordered the Prada powder from Saks (thanks Hipkitten) and shipped it to my friend in the states. When she landed in Stockholm a couple of days later one of her three bags were missing and OF COURSE my powder was in that bag. ARGH!!! Luckily she got the bag back just the other day and I'm seeing her tomorrow so I will FINALLY get my Prada powder... YAY! Will report back..

(plus I heard it comes in a leather case, is that true?)

Yay! I hope you love it! Make sure you let us know!
And yes, it comes with this cute pink leather case :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG I absolutely love it. Best powder ever and you don't have to use that much either. It blends in great with my skin and gives great coverage. Worth every penny! And I'm in love with the pink leather case.

Swede_ said:
OMG I absolutely love it. Best powder ever and you don't have to use that much either. It blends in great with my skin and gives great coverage. Worth every penny! And I'm in love with the pink leather case.

I'm so glad you love it :woot: :flower:

im looking for a light coverage pressed powder in a pretty compact:lol:
i might try YSL - gold compact, heart print powder
any suggestions?

I know it's not really a "pressed powder" but if you're looking to stay matte, I've always liked Benefit's Dr. Feelgood. It's a clear balm and it doesn't add to any powder bulk or clog pores :flower:

i keep forgetting to visit MakeupAlley to read reviews!
im just looking for a light coverage powder to diffuse under eye circles but also something in a pretty compact!
staying matte isnt necessary but thank you for the suggestion ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
i already have concealer and foundation but i lately dont know why but i dont like wearing liquid stuff and i dont need that much coverage

in the meantime im using a Two Faced limited edition powder(that they dont sell no mo) right now but its in this huge box set, it would be such a hassle to carry around for a tiny sliver of powder!

A sheer layer of concealer, set with any powder, and voila. That's how you cover dark circles. I don't think you have dark circles if you can cover it with powder...lucky you!

yeah theyre not too dark at all but since im pretty pale even a little bit of darkness under eyes bothers me. i think i got the idea from my sister, she isnt as melanin challenged as i am and doesnt really have undereye circles at all but she usually just uses a light swipe powder. it not a big difference but its just looks so much nicer!

so far the only way powder works for me is if i apply with my fingers, this gives me the best coverage and smooth blending(as long as my skin isnt dry and is properly moisturized if it is dry that day).

*OOH LA LA* :lol: ive been eyeing YSL. i might not even want to use cuz its so pretty! i heard the sponge doesnt fit in there which is fine because i wouldnt use it anyways!

ysl3.jpg

Nordstrom

^I think that YSL powder is just what you need... I've tried it on, and it has this pearly sheen to it and it covers a bit too! I wish I could make do with some powder :lol:

I know it's not really a "pressed powder" but if you're looking to stay matte, I've always liked Benefit's Dr. Feelgood. It's a clear balm and it doesn't add to any powder bulk or clog pores :flower:

Ooh .. Benefit has finally arrived where I am and this is one of the products I've had my eye on. Do you still use powder on top of it?

I'm currently using DiorSkin X4 Control Pore-Refining Compact. It does make my pores less visible and my skin has a much smoother appearance. It also keeps my face more matte than other compacts I've used before so I'm pretty pleased with it.

^I think that YSL powder is just what you need... I've tried it on, and it has this pearly sheen to it and it covers a bit too! I wish I could make do with some powder :lol:

thank you for the rec! i so wanted to get it yesterday but i ended up buying like 4 pairs of shoes & then some! i cant wait to check it out :woot:

Ooh .. Benefit has finally arrived where I am and this is one of the products I've had my eye on. Do you still use powder on top of it?

I'm currently using DiorSkin X4 Control Pore-Refining Compact. It does make my pores less visible and my skin has a much smoother appearance. It also keeps my face more matte than other compacts I've used before so I'm pretty pleased with it.

No. If I get shiny, I just dab a bit on and it goes away fro the rest of the day. I think it's best not to use it with any powder since it is a balm and the result might tend to get waxy when it's mixed with powder :flower:

Chanel!! Makes the face look fantastic and hides anything u want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->