Best Self-Tanners

Erin

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion
Reaction score
The topic on "Fake Tans" made me wonder if there are really any tanners out there that work... Share what the best tanner is that you've used so far (as well as your coloring), and also the worst...that is, if you've tried any...

2 years ago I tried Neutrogena, both the foam and lotion, but that was pretty unnatural looking.
Last summer I tried Clarins...the face tanner is all right, but the body tanner (the gel) looked pretty orangish, too.

I am fair-skinned, medium blond...

No luck thus far.

I recently bought Lancome Flash Bronzer (foam), and I love it! :heart:
Gives a GREAT tan for my body!

For my face I use Kanebo Honey Glow (gel), because it gives a more subtle color. I like it pretty well, but I don't think I would buy it again, too pricey and not enough color for me.

I have medium/olive skin.

Originally posted by Caramel@Apr 29th, 2003 - 5:39 am

For my face I use Kanebo Honey Glow (gel), because it gives a more subtle color. I like it pretty well, but I don't think I would buy it again, too pricey and not enough color for me.

I have medium/olive skin.
Thanks, Caramel...I will have to keep that one in mind!

mac irridecent powder in golden bronze is a good way to
bronze your cheekbones w/o looking tacky or arange. it gives just a sheen of gold that makes your cheekbones pop gisele like :wink: its worth the $$ i even mix it with baby oil for an all over sheen- subtle but sexy--NEVER ORANGE :heart:

Originally posted by Caramel@Apr 29th, 2003 - 10:39 am

:wink: I know,I use it all the time,it's a great self-tanner,it works really fast and shows a natural tan ! :heart: :heart:

Has anyone ever tried those self-tanning wipes?
I've seen them in the shops, but am a bit sceptical if they would work.

Originally posted by trean+May 1st, 2003 - 8:15 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(trean @ May 1st, 2003 - 8:15 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Caramel@Apr 29th, 2003 - 10:39 am

:wink: I know,I use it all the time,it's a great self-tanner,it works really fast and shows a natural tan ! :heart: :heart: [/b][/quote]
Yes! I tested a few at the store the other day, and the foam looked the most natural.

I'm goin' for it..but perhaps I should wait until they have the free gift time....

Glytan Lite. Only $21.
Peter Thomas Roth. $28

Both work well with my skin. Which is kinda fair. When I was little I looked like Elián Gonzalez :shock:

the ABSOLUTE BEST tan comes from "St. Tropez Tan" ....
the only annoying part is that you have to wash it off after 6 hours.. and during those 6 hours you look a bit muddy'ish .... but i use it at night then go to sleep and TA DA!!
unlike the cosmetics counter brands (yes, i have tried ALL even lancome flashbronze) ... it has green in the formula to balance out the orange that most other brands have ... so it ends up looking BROWN and not ORANGE :D

its so perfect!!

Best: Mystic Tan and Au Courant (au courant I have a feeling is very similar to St. Tropez - it goes on a little green/brown, but when you shower off, the color is good - you have to apply 2-3 times to get a good shade, though)

Worst: pretty much everything else turns me orange (Biomedic, Clarins, Clinique, L'Occitane, Elizabeth Arden, Neutrogena, Decleor - those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head)

Lancome flash bronzer is okay, but the scent can be a little overpowering, and I don't like the sparkle.

B) Lancome Flash Bronzer spray is my staple, I already have tanned skin this just makes me glow. :flower: If you aren't brownish already, you might get a more sort of glowy effect rather than a browny one?

Thank you AndoraStar, your avatar is the best... I absolutely loved She-Ra! I wish I could find a copy of that movie she made with He-Man, her brother :wink:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@May 1st, 2003 - 12:54 am
mac irridecent powder in golden bronze is a good way to
bronze your cheekbones w/o looking tacky or arange. it gives just a sheen of gold that makes your cheekbones pop gisele like :wink: its worth the $$ i even mix it with baby oil for an all over sheen- subtle but sexy--NEVER ORANGE :heart:
That sounds gorgeous, i'll have to try it!
and i've been wanting to try st tropez too.

there's a new one by NeoStrata (it's a canadian brand), it's pretty good - selftanner + bronzer, no striks and doesn't give u an orange tint :wink:

I'm pretty pale because I stay out of the sun and wear SPF a lot...

I tried the coppertone "endless summer" and it was pretty decent for drugstore...

my real favorite is clarins

im not very lucky with selftanners, they turn orange all the time...I have tried tons of brands, from the cheapest to the most expensive.. :( ouch!..I find that Sisley Soleil sans soleil is the best one I have tried, I mean, still orange, but the most natural on my skin.. Dior sucks also, a good example, Jlo uses DiorBronze. I think the best way is to use a powder bronzer, which I think Terraccota by Guerlain is the best, also Dior's powder bronzer...I keep turning into the flavour of the month from Baskin Robbins... strawberry-orange sherbet :lol:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Sep 1st, 2003 - 11:21 pm
I keep turning into the flavour of the month from Baskin Robbins... strawberry-orange sherbet :lol:
lol...not good to eat OR see. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->