Best & Worst of F/W 2017.18

Scotty

Reaction score
What are yours?

I only liked Marc Jacobs, Max Mara & Moschino honestly, so those for best.

Neutral:
Roberto Cavalli (would've been best if it wasn't for the blatant rip-off.)
Lanvin
YSL
Olivier Theyskens
Rochas

Worst:
Dolce & Gabbana
Gucci
Pucci
Balmain
Versace

and the list goes on..

Last edited by a moderator:
worst season i can remember for a very long time so far. still holding out that hope for maria grazia, miuccia and nicolas though.

the only shows that have been amazing are saint laurent, fendi, burberry and off-white

milan..
prada was terrible
gucci was terrible
ferretti, etro, armani, bottega, missoni, dolce & gabbana dull

london
is not even worth bothering to look at 95% of it

NY
had some ok collections like proenza, prabal, narciso, phillip lim, altuzarra ... at least they had some things i'd want to buy.

Best
Sies Marjan
Altuzarra
Jacquemus
Sportmax

Worst
Gucci
Balmain
Marni
D&G

It took me awhile to think about because so many collections were so forgettable.

New York:
Calvin Klein
The Row

London:
Halpern
Chalayan was good

Milan :
Gucci
Prada or Max Mara

Paris:
So far I liked Off White
Jaquemus was pretty solid too

Huge Disappointment:
Oscar della renta
Saint Laurent
Lanvin
Marni

I don't even remember the other collections...so

best:
marc jacobs
calvin klein
bottega
dries van noten
ysl
prada
marni

worst
dolce gabbana
phillip plein
balmain

I like this 'top' by Antonin Tron. The rest of the collection is mediocre but thought this was super nice for a newb.

MON1058.jpg

voguerunway

^^
So, you only liked 1 top from the entire fashion month?:lol::lol::lol:

^I also liked a few looks from master Thom Browne. :P :lol: But that's about it I think (so far, we still have Céline and CdG :cool:).

Edit: I also liked the multiple buttons and buttonholes from Courrèges! That detail was so cute. Oh, and I forgot the mohair from Prada. :crush:

Best ones so far: 1-Loewe, 2-Loewe, 3-Loewe...seriously, best collection of the season by far.

Ok I'm so done with this season.. Céline and Loewe were boring.. (from what we're used to from them)

Even Balenciaga was less boring to watch than Céline,

Huge disappointments with Céline, Loewe, Marni and Lemaire
Prada still boring

is There something that I actually liked? Maybe just the top by Antonin Tron posted above :lol: and Jacquemus wasn't bad either

My top 10 favorites (no particular order:(

1. Calvin Klein
2. Delpozo
3. Loewe
4. Maison Margiela
5. Valentino
6. Acne Studios
7. Bottega Veneta
8. Salvatore Ferragamo
9. Sies Marjan
10. Louis Vuitton

To me the best collections were Calvin Klein, Jil Sander, Mugler and Givenchy. Chloé was pretty strong, too. But on the other hand there was so many awkward collections... Marni was literally the worst.

So I really liked Raf debut at Calvin and I think this is a highlight from the whole season. And I also really admire the Atlein by Antonin Tron. Courreges after their questionable spring did a good concept this season, Nicolas past-balenciaga people doing pretty good job in Paris I must say (although Paco was meh). Prada was good (mostly) and I liked different vision at Loewe.

I am so disappointed by Miu Miu, I really miss the good collections from them, showing at 34 Avenue Foch and spending more time to actually design clothes (now they are doing that just after Prada show I think since couple of seasons - and it shows). And Katie Grand styling drives me crazy, she is a bad witch for the house like Marzia for Dior (the worst collection in the entire season for sure).

Best only :

- Loewe
- Celine
- Louis Vuitton
- Lemaire
- Courrèges
- Paco Rabanne
- Jacquemus
- Chanel
- Haider Ackermann
- Balenciaga
- Atlein
- Calvin Klein

For me the best is about either creativity, commerciality but also having an emotion/ feeling something and the brands above had one or two or even three of these criterias.

loved

undercover
yohji yamamoto
antonio marras
haider ackermann
ann demeulemeester
gareth pugh
burberry

liked prada, celine, louis vuitton, miu miu, proenza schouler, dries van noten, junya watanabe, cdg, erdem, calvin klein

i think that's it, maybe i'm forgetting something, but i pretty much hated or looked with contempt and boredom at everything else. sad!

It's been a long (and frankly terrible) fashion month.

Best:

• Delpozo
  • Undercover
  • Lemaire
  • Sacai
  • Haider Ackermann
  • Dries Van Noten

Wasted Potential:

• Prada
  • Miu Miu
  • Louis Vuitton
  • Lanvin

Worst:

• Dior
  • YSL
  • Balmain
  • Marni
  • McQueen
  • Pucci
  • Redemption (Decarnin would like his ideas back!)

BEST
NYC: Marc Jacobs, Thom Browne
LONDON: House of Holland, Topshop Unique
MILAN: Fendi, Marco De Vicenzo, Max Mara
PARIS: LOEWE, Undercover, Chanel, Haider Ackermann, Paule Ka, Courrèges, Céline & Givenchy

Worst: MARNI! Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Hermes.

It wasn't the best season ever but it was decent.
Brands nowadays are really interested in selling their clothes after decades of searching for that "It Bag" thing. The result is how commercial everything is and how styled everything has been lately.
Unfortunately for us, it's a trend that is going to last as the luxury market is quite unsettled.
And it's quite obvious for now that we can't count on Dior or YSL to drive the "creativity" road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frikandel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->