Beyond Thunderdome F/W 09.10

Spike413

barcode
Reaction score
I've noticed a very urban savage mood in a lot of the shows so far this week. It's sort of a continuation of both the bondage trend and the futurism trend, but taken in a more aggressive, raw, primitive direction.

It's sort post apocalyptic/dystopian. There are some tribal/earthy textures, shaggy furs, armor-like elements, lots of wrapping and layering, dull earth tones....

Overall I'm loving it.

Alexander Wang
00260m.jpg
00280m.jpg

Donna Karan
00130m.jpg
00160m.jpg

00280m.jpg
00350m.jpg

style.com

I'm thinking Tisci and Margiela will excel at this trend.
And maybe a Balenciaga version. *palpitate*

I hope this gets big. Instead of the "recession new modesty" thing, we'll just skip the whole downfall and impending apocalypse and head straight to the post-apocalypse. Works for me, the urban warrior is way more interesting than the wall street broker, especially at fashion week!

The collections posted in this thread pretty much sums up my favourites at NYFW. Wonderful description and thread! Hope this really gets big! :smile:

Rad Hourani

Funny how the Beyond Thunderdome looks are mainly black - sort of like post-apocalypse/depression

18.jpg
9.jpg

wwd

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yeah. I mean, the Rodarte collection had plenty of color but for some reason black just makes a lot of sense. It makes the clothes seem particularly aggressive and bleak.

Ann Sofie Back played with feathers and dream catchers..it's almost shamanistic , perhaps we'll see it break off into two "tribes". It's more a mood than a trend I think...

backaw090452.jpg

source : catwalking.com

Armand Basi is a good collection to look at too though his seems to be more pared down.

^I love that. I love the apocalyptic urban tribe-thing

Damn, now I felt like sticking feathers in my docs

hehe do it !

That's what I mean though I think you can sort of see two pathways with it.

A more dystopian nihilistic aggressive form and then a kinship with tribal style with elements of natural forms and textures.

I'm loving this look! lol, when lipservice clothing launched a mad max inspired look I went a little nuts and bought pretty much all of it :P I guess now I won't feel so silly wearing it now that it's on the runways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->