Black / African Hair Tips

Never heard of Giovanni but I'll do a little research. On the other hand, I used Mizani's products once or twice and it's really good too.
I've always loved Mizani prods. but a stylist told me that Mizani is not what it used to be unlike 15 years ago. the company has been bought out, therefore the product quality has diminished.

If it works for you keep up with it! this is just some information, i thought i'd pass on, don't know how true.
however, she is not the first to say this, a few other stylists have mentioned this in the past.

mizblue----are u applying this styling product to your real hair or the extensions? i am confused.

Hi coolsista19 the link you posted is a link to your own documents, no one here will be able to view the picture.
You can upload it with tFS' image attacher. Please make sure to credit the source of the picture :flower:

Hanne, I can see the pic of Rihanna, coolsista19 uploaded by clicking on the link.

coolsista19, that look seems hard to achieve and keep, even on relaxed hair. It means a lot of work: conditioning and flat iron straightening and constant touch-ups by the hairdresser.

When I was younger I cut my hair short and it was chemichally straightened. As my natural hair tended to grow fast and thick, I was never able to achieve that poker straight look by myself especially a few weeks after relaxing.
This meant lots of visits to the salon = time and money consuming and I was never really satisfied by the look I had...

Anyway, Rihanna has luxuries we, mere mortals, don't have and maybe some of the hair isn't even hers.
So unless you want to try a wig or have your hair relaxed, which I wouldn't recommend, I'm sorry but I don't think this look is a good option.

short hair is sooo much work, unless you are comfortable with how it looks in its natural state.
Also, I think rihanna looks better with long hair. While the short cut is fashionable. I have heard MANY men say she looks like a guy with it,etc. Most of the time, when women cut their hair off, they regret it. long hair is so tied up with western conceptions of femininity, that I would never suggest it. especially with 4a hair. that is difficult to grow back (maybe take over a year)

short hair is sooo much work, unless you are comfortable with how it looks in its natural state.
Also, I think rihanna looks better with long hair. While the short cut is fashionable. I have heard MANY men say she looks like a guy with it,etc. Most of the time, when women cut their hair off, they regret it. long hair is so tied up with western conceptions of femininity, that I would never suggest it. especially with 4a hair. that is difficult to grow back (maybe take over a year)

I think Rihanna looks better with the shorter hair. She looks more edgy, she stands out more. I also see alot of women cutting their hair to shorter and more medium lengths (especially younger ones) so I don't think most are regretting it.

mizblue----are u applying this styling product to your real hair or the extensions? i am confused.

Sorry I'm replying so late,
I'm applying these products to my real hair and extensions.
They say when you wear extensions you should treat it like its your own hair.
I have a litte hair out to give the illusion that its all real and my hair blends in pretty well, looks natural.
Also, since I have been doing this, my hair has grown quite a bit.
I try not to leave the extensions in too long( about 2mths)
Once I take the extensions out, its washed and deep conditioned just the same.

Thanks guys... I clicked on the pic though and what I see is a white girl with long hair. It was supposed to be Rihanna with bobs and short bangs. Maybe it is just my computer, but let me know if tht is what u guys see too as well.

I am not worried about my hair growing back. Usually it grows really fast if I take good care of it. 5 years ago I chopped off my long hair because I got sick of it, and I am going through that stage again. So I decided to do it like Rihanna's just for fun, if I dont like how it ends up then I will just cut it more shorter like Halle Berry. I just know it is a matter of time before I cut it all off.

If I do my hair like Rihanna, I won't straightened it every day. So that means on daily basic, I will have it in curls but when going out or for special occassion, I will striaghen it and style it like Rihanna's. That's why I dont want to have it relaxed.

Do u think there is a kind of shampoo or conditioner I can use to make it easier for me to striaghten it? I always have my hair in curls so I dont know much about what to do to make it look striaght like Rihanna's.

Thanks!

rihanna's hair suits the shape of her head very well long straight hair does not suit her at all

I wanna cut off my long hair and do my hair like Rihanna, but how do I do that without relaxing my hair? I dont want to relax my hair at all. The teaxture of my hair is type 4A. Or the only way toa achieve this look is to get it relaxed? Thanks!

http://img44.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=90111_01_9286329_122_627lo.jpg

you could try getting a short weave. That way you don't have to relax your hair or straighten your natural hair everyday. Heck, If you decide you don't like it just take out the weave then you've still got the long hair underneath :D

I would wear a weave, if I didnt want to cut off my hair. But as I mentioned before, I want to chop of my hair because I am getting sick of my long hair. If I dont like the result, I can always cut it more shorter like the old Halle Berry hairstyle. So I am not really worried about having my hair short and I like taking risk. I just want to know if it would be possible to achieve Rihanna's hairstyle without having it relaxed and what I need to use.

Coolsista, if you don't relax your hair, then that you'd have to use a lot of heat to get the hair straight. You may have to invest in a flat iron.

For products, L'oreal has a new shampoo with Argan oil which leaves my hair smooth. It seems like it could be labelled Vive Pro smooth intense in the US.

And, as you'll put heat in your hair, you need a creme or/and serum to protect it. I like kerastase and Keracare.

coolsista, if you know your hair is easy to blowout, and you won't be tempted to incessantly straighten it--it will probably be fine.

if your hair grows back easily--- it will be cool. I was just warning you because it weirded me out how much less attention i recieved from men with shorter hair. since it has taken me two years to grow it back, the newness wore off, and i started missing my hair.

rihanna is more fashiony with short hair, but i doubt men prefer it. infact, I have heard otherwise on numerous occasions. so if it grows back easily and your texture is suited for it---then do it.

^Gia, I get what you mean but when you feel beautiful and confident about yourself no matter the hair or the clothes, you attract the attention of the kind of men you could also want in return.

Really, a man who wouldn't desire or even watch me just because of the lenghth of my hair is in my opinion an A..!

Yea... thanks everyone for the advice and tips. I really dont care what men think since I am doing it for myself and nobody else. I mean if I feel good about the way I look, who cares what men think or if I get less attention from them? I will be trying to achieve this hairstyle next week. Cant wait!!!!! Thanks again! :-D

^Gia, I get what you mean but when you feel beautiful and confident about yourself no matter the hair or the clothes, you attract the attention of the kind of men you could also want in return.

Really, a man who wouldn't desire or even watch me just because of the lenghth of my hair is in my opinion an A..!

1. Well said Aby!
You should be you based on who you are, what you like and not what a man likes or what other people ( media) depict to be beautiful.

Confidence is key!

to me, its the same thing as flattening out one's chest for fashion. it is more fashiony to be small chested, but one's attractiveness will go down.

I was just offering some advice. its everyone's personal choice.

gia some people really like small chests or short hair. it is not of fact that " one's attractiveness will go down". it is just your taste that make you think short hair and small chest are less attractive. people with short hair or small chest will attract people with different taste that is all. and even if less people like people with short hair it is better to be with someone who like you how you are.

i know you want to help but your taste is not universal there are other people , men and women, who like women with short hair as there are men who like women with small chest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stranger1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->